MLB Lockout Thread

Can_of_corn

8 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Uh, could this be international draft part 2?   Close to an agreement, owners try to slip one more tiny little thing in there under the wire t hat hasn't been a major topic of discusison before, and the players' ego won't let them concede it because it feels like "losing" to them?

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Uh, could this be international draft part 2?   Close to an agreement, owners try to slip one more tiny little thing in there under the wire t hat hasn't been a major topic of discusison before, and the players' ego won't let them concede it because it feels like "losing" to them?

I hope not.  I was joking before that Morosi should shut up and stop talking about the WBC and expansion today.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Fingers crossed, but seeing that tweet I did get an ominous "read the fine print" feeling.   Hopefully Dan Halem and Bruce Meyer are good enough at their craft there's nothing too 11th hour shocking to this bit.

Just now, jabba72 said:

Well thats interesting

Could be majority of the rank and file voters will massively benefit from the raise in the minimum and the CBT only affects a small number of teams, so for them, the deal is great (vs. the Exec. committee made up of more big contract players). I'm hoping...

Just now, Absltgreek said:

Could be majority of the rank and file voters will massively benefit from the raise in the minimum and the CBT only affects a small number of teams, so for them, the deal is great (vs. the Exec. committee made up of more big contract players). I'm hoping...

That's the same way I'm thinking.

Max cares a lot more about the CBT than DL Hall.

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Well thats interesting

The  executive council that has been in the meetings day in and day out for weeks, view the owners as an adversary they want to beat and remember every real or imagined insult and offense the owners have made to them.   

The team reps haven't been in the day to day meetings, they are out in the "real world" and they know that now that the major $$$ issues have been compromised on, there isn't much more to be gained.   

• Upvote 1