MLB Lockout Thread

Can_of_corn

33 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Glad to see the players stuck it to the executive board for the union. Great job by the players to realize this was BS and time to get back to the game. Unions bosses always suck and are more worried about their paydays and power then the rank and file they supposedly are looking out for.

Let's get back to baseball!

Tony, I really hope you don’t have Labor Day off 😂

The way counting stats influence RoY could make it a game of chicken with the top talents.

I can feel a Jarren Duran Rookie of the Year campaign coming.

Codified bonuses for MVP and RoY placements look like they will go to pre-arb players who earn those honors.

Just saw Sawchik tweet the $50M pre-arb pool will be shared among 100 players, approximately 20% of the group.

O'Dowd had that Corbin Burnes 2021 woulda earned $4M+ instead of the $600k.

Nightengale tweeted 30-0 outcome by owners.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Glad to see the players stuck it to the executive board for the union. Great job by the players to realize this was BS and time to get back to the game. Unions bosses always suck and are more worried about their paydays and power then the rank and file they supposedly are looking out for.

Let's get back to baseball!

As someone who deals with union leaders a lot, I completely agree. Unions are great and necessary for the workforce, but the people making decisions for rank and file employees do not have their best interests at heart. It’s all about profiteering. They abuse their power more than any group I’ve seen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

I know its minor in the grand scheme of things, but is anyone else bothered by the fact that player uniforms will feature advertising for the first time, with patches on jerseys and decals on batting helmets?   Is nothing sacrosanct?   

I don't see a problem.

615Gy1cQtGL._AC_UX679_.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Schedule changes coming 

Unless 2-game series become a thing, that sounds like 45 of 162 against the other league.

Feinsand story here has some lottery details.   I had been misunderstanding Bottom 6 for top 6 picks; sounds like perhaps all 18 non-playoff teams get some crack at Top 6 slots.   Worst 3 records 16.5% each gives them about half the lottery tickets.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mlbpa-agree-to-cba

• Top 6 selections will be awarded via lottery.

• Odds would be based on the reverse order of winning percentage, with the bottom three clubs each at 16.5%.

• The 18 non-postseason clubs would be eligible, though revenue sharing payees would be ineligible to receive lottery selections in three consecutive years, while non-payees would be ineligible to receive lottery selections in consecutive years.

1 hour ago, BRobinsonfan said:

I know its minor in the grand scheme of things, but is anyone else bothered by the fact that player uniforms will feature advertising for the first time, with patches on jerseys and decals on batting helmets?   Is nothing sacrosanct?   

I agree, that is obnoxious. I’m guessing I’ll get used to it though 

I wonder if the MLBPA Executive Committee members will do a presser, or if Scherzer is going to go Game Mode, meet Buck Showalter and only talk on the field stuff.

British Parliament style, today's results kind of feel like current committee members need to tender resignations, even if the membership generally decides not to accept them.

1 hour ago, BRobinsonfan said:

Yes. And I’m not being sarcastic. I hate it. I think the nba jerseys with the company logos are terrible. 

The swoosh is bad enough. The new era logo on the side of the hats is bad enough. 

• Upvote 1