MLB Lockout Thread

Can_of_corn

I am sure every lost day will be torture for DL Hall not to get to be with his guys.   But, after COVID taking away most of player development in 2020 perhaps hurt the Orioles (minors - good players, majors - not so much) more than some other clubs, I could imagine that many of our best players off 40 getting high minors reps while Xander Bogaerts waits might help a little.

Or from another angle, Grayson Rodriguez might start ~20% of the 2022 Orioles games if it becomes a June-September season, but this year he has no chance for 32-33 GS ala the league's proven aces.

SteveA's points are not ones I'd considered really on momentum crashing, guess we'll see.  

Regardless, I hope Steve Melewski is in Florida this weekend with the minor leaguers getting going.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I am sure every lost day will be torture for DL Hall not to get to be with his guys.   But, after COVID taking away most of player development in 2020 perhaps hurt the Orioles (minors - good players, majors - not so much) more than some other clubs, I could imagine that many of our best players off 40 getting high minors reps while Xander Bogaerts waits might help a little.

Or from another angle, Grayson Rodriguez might start ~20% of the 2022 Orioles games if it becomes a June-September season, but this year he has no chance for 32-33 GS ala the league's proven aces.

SteveA's points are not ones I'd considered really on momentum crashing, guess we'll see.  

Regardless, I hope Steve Melewski is in Florida this weekend with the minor leaguers getting going.

I am so looking forward to folks using the CBA disagreement as an excuse for a lack of competitiveness in a year or so.

EVERY team had to deal with Covid.

If it hurt the O's more it was due to the O's not being able to adapt to the situation as well as other teams.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Which is the main reason I think we'll have a deal.

Owners will try and squeeze as much more as they can before the "deadline".

Framework is in place.

I obviously hope you're right, but that feels like an extremely optimistic take. They haven't even begun to discuss the CBT as far as its been reported, unless I missed something. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Which is the main reason I think we'll have a deal.

Owners will try and squeeze as much more as they can before the "deadline".

Framework is in place.

Maybe..but if they give the players what they want, they don’t as much power.  They will have “lost”.  They won’t allow that.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I obviously hope you're right, but that feels like an extremely optimistic take. They haven't even begun to discuss the CBT as far as its been reported, unless I missed something. 

I do think it's going to go into early March but they will somehow make a 162 season work.