New Fielding Stat

WietersOvechkin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Full disclosure -- this is the only post I've read in this entire thread.

This makes absolute sense to me. Call someone "above-average", "plus" or whatever, but everyone should stop using "gold glover" as a way to describe someone that is great, defensively. The list of actual "Gold Glovers" has an embarssing number of players who clearly are not the best at their position. Revolt! To the streets!

Of course it does because it should to anyone!:clap3:

Also, let me add that I can't believe that so many smart, intelligent posters are still falling for "OldFans" gimmick. I thought it took me a long time to realize what he was doing...

I take issue with calling my stance on this a "gimmick" and I also think you may have over-estimated the number of smart, intelligent posters responding on this thread! Much like Nick Markakis' shot at winning a Gold Glove!:laughlol:

I take issue with calling my stance on this a "gimmick" and I also think you may have over-estimated the number of smart, intelligent posters responding on this thread! Much like Nick Markakis' shot at winning a Gold Glove!:laughlol:

If you have that much of an issue you could just leave...;)

*Insert own :pray: joke here*

Maybe you should instead of posting essentially "Hogwash" type responses that add next to nothing to the actual discussion at hand.:scratchchinhmm:

This is not a discussion. This is a pointless exercise in navel-gazing and muddling around in a semantic bog of ennui and inanity that has no importance and is just an irritating waste of everyone's time. I really can't believe this is happening again. Seizing on a point of irrelevant minutiae and then harping on it ad infinitum is the behavior of a small child who pitches a fit if you say it's 4:15 when it's really 4:17.

This horse has been beaten to death, buried, dug up, and beaten again to the point that it's now just a big pile of nothing with an awful stench.

This is not a discussion. This is a pointless exercise in navel-gazing and muddling around in a semantic bog of ennui and inanity that has no importance and is just an irritating waste of everyone's time. I really can't believe this is happening again. Seizing on a point of irrelevant minutiae and then harping on it ad infinitum is the behavior of a small child who pitches a fit if you say it's 4:15 when it's really 4:17.

This horse has been beaten to death, buried, dug up, and beaten again to the point that it's now just a big pile of nothing with an awful stench.

Ohhhhhhhhh...THAT'S what that is...

If it is such a waste of time as you suggest than why did someone of such intellectual might as yourself bother to waste your precious time by apparently reading and posting?:confused:

Further, someone with your high degree of intellectual superiority ought to be even more annoyed than I at posters who denigrate an award as being garbage while simultaneously wielding it as a token of the highest level of fielding prowess. Take issue with them, not me for pointing out this absurdness, and contradictory holding by those adhering to this practice.

Just pointing out that you really don't have anywhere to talk when it comes to having "issues" with what others have to say.

Well I do when someone accuse me of a "gimmick" post because that is pure baloney. I may be a lot of things and most of them are not flattering but I do not engage in gimmicks of any sort. What you see with me is what you get period.

In short you may call me dumb, stupid, idiotic, or moronic, but don't call me a phoney! The last thing is the furthest from the truth. Much further than those other adjectives in describing yours truly.

Well I do when someone accuse me of a "gimmick" post because that is pure baloney. I may be a lot of things and most of them are not flattering but I do not engage in gimmicks of any sort. What you see with me is what you get period.

OMG you're trying to shatter my dream that this was just one big level. Stop!

Nonetheless, I'm not convinced - I still think you're the greatest gimmick account ever.

I <3 Oldfan!

In short you may call me dumb, stupid, idiotic, or moronic, but don't call me a phoney! The last thing is the furthest from the truth. Much further than those other adjectives in describing yours truly.

You've gone so far beyond "gimmick" in my mind that there is no way you could pull yourself back into "normal poster" mode.

You've gone so far beyond "gimmick" in my mind that there is no way you could pull yourself back into "normal poster" mode.

You need to be around more older people than if you think I am a "gimmick." You would have loved my grandfather on my mother's side. He was a diehard Yankee fan who thought Babe Ruth was a great big kid who could hit a ball a country mile (he he was a kid to him as my Grandpop was born in 1889 I believe. He used to almost jump out of his chair with glee whenever Boog Powell would strike out (he despised the Orioles) and it wouldn't matter who he was around-Oriole fan or not.

Anyway, he had thirteen children of which one of course was my mom, but I had some uncles who would spout stuff you wouldn't believe. One of them once told (I heard him) one of my other uncles that George Patton's boys' (troops) which my other uncle was one of, were overated, and the troops who fought where he fought (mostly in the African desert part of WWII against Rommel) were tougher! I was astonished at some of the stuff he would say. I am a thousand times milder than he! He could have caused the Pope to swear, no doubt! If he were alive today and posting on this board people would be going beserk!

Archived