Schmuck: O's interested in Hairston, M's may non-tender Bedard?

section36

Bedard has far different issues than Ponson....

Which I said.

The only issue Bedard has ever had is an inability to communicate with the media

His inability to communicate with the media manifests in extremely peculiar ways. He enjoyed going out of his way to antagonize the media with a lack of communication.

It's obviously in a different dimension than simply being bugged by dumb repetitive questions, and it's obviously a psychological problem.

Show me a quote where a teammate said he was a head case

Show me a quote where a teammate said Sidney was a head case.

Everyone would love to have his 2007, if they could be reasonably certain that's what they would get. For that matter, everyone would love to have Ponson's good year again, too. Will anyone get that again?

And let's not forget that he's had serious injuries in two of the past three years. During that first injury, there were some people that thought he could have come back sooner. According to a report here, it was assumed by many that one of those was Dempsey, a coach on the team.

And here's one more: Trembley and Kranitz are trying to get pitchers to dig within themselves to work deeper in games. With Bedard, they're going to find a dry hole.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd take a chance on Bedard & bring him back. Hopefully he'd be healthy, & boy, it would be great to see him as an Oriole again.
The new Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik came out and said there's no way Eric Bedard will be non-tendered or even traded. You can forget about Bedard coming back to the O's for now.
"He will be in our rotation," Zduriencik said Monday. "We need him to be the Erik Bedard we traded for."

The Mariners gave up five players, including outfielder Adam Jones and short reliever George Sherrill to land Bedard.

"He's not going to be traded," Zduriencik said, adding there was no chance the club would non-tender (decline to give a contract to) Bedard. The deadline is this weekend. "Trades are based on value, and after last year, he doesn't have the (same) value."

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1542329

Archived