Big Papi, or another HOF shutout

Just Regular

On 12/30/2021 at 10:35 PM, Sports Guy said:

The process is broken.

Dan Connolly and a few others actually voted for Jimmy Rollins.  

It’s an infuriating process lead by a group of writers who have no business voting on this.  

At least the votes are public now.  The old standard was that many of these writers had grudges against players that they would not vote for regardless of their on field merits. 

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

At least the votes are public now.  The old standard was that many of these writers had grudges against players that they would not vote for regardless of their on field merits. 

I don’t think they are public unless the voter reveals it (which most but not all do). 

9 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Shameful

So this fine fellow thinks that everyone of the new inductees from the vet's committee is a worthy inductee but not a single player on the main list is worthy?

Kaat is worthy because he worked fast? 

I'd be kinda OK with his joker if he was just an extremely small hall guy but he's not.  He says he won't vote for "druggies" or Designated hitters.  So what's his problem with Schilling? 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, SteveA said:

And it's Ortiz.

I'm kinda OK with it.

It just shows how ridiculous the process is.

Everyone knows Ortiz used but they can act like they don't know and put him in while staying on their high horse and excluding far superior players.

There is also that whole other thing that I won't get into because it's so very much against board rules.

• Upvote 1