Baseball America has released a new top 50 Internationals 2022.

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is this class going to be an improvement over last year's class?  I don't think that is at all a lock at this point.

RZ’s responses are perfect and I don’t have anything  else to add.

This is literally just looking for a reason to complain.  It also shows a lack of understanding of how the process works.

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ha. It might not be a lock one way or the other for 5-7 years if can even tell by then.  What barometer should we use?  

Two years ago our highest profile guys were Luis Ortiz and Luis Gonzalez in the 500k  range. Last year it was Maikol Hernandez and Basallo both over 1M.  Is there years class automatically worse if only one guy is signed over 1M?  

It certainly isn't clearly better, which is what the goal should be.

Are you suggesting that at this stage in the program we shouldn't be seeing apparent improvement in the quality of the class?

And yes, I know we won't actually know for years and that the big dollar guys might flop and an under the radar guy might become a star...

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are you suggesting that at this stage in the program we shouldn't be seeing apparent improvement in the quality of the class?

And yes, I know we won't actually know for years and that the big dollar guys might flop and an under the radar guy might become a star...

Clearly, your sole barometer is the bonus amounts for the top 1-2 guys.  Waynebug stated in another thread that Diaz/Basllo were at 2.5M in combined bonus.  If Taveras is at 1.7 and Arias is at 800K that's about the same.  I guess to you that means the class is exactly the same and the program is stuck in neutral.  If next year we sign one guy for 3M and no on else for over 500K,  would you consider that a better class?

Just now, Sports Guy said:

How do you define improvement?  Tell me everything you know about the guys available.

The money of course...that's all we have to go off of.  But it beats just hoping and wishing.

Don't think you don't do it to.  All of us in this thread do. 

If the O's were to sign a guy for 3M we'd be excited if they didn't spend over 50K on a guy we'd be disappointed.

There is no indication that they are stepping up and getting more highly coveted guys than they did last year.  Right now it looks like a similar class, which is clearly better than what we had before Elias but not good enough if we are ever going to actually be a competitive team.

And yes I hate going off that little of data but it we should be seeing something that shows improvement from year to year.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Clearly, your sole barometer is the bonus amounts for the top 1-2 guys.  Waynebug stated in another thread that Diaz/Basllo were at 2.5M in combined bonus.  If Taveras is at 1.7 and Arias is at 800K that's about the same.  I guess to you that means the class is exactly the same and the program is stuck in neutral.  If next year we sign one guy for 3M and no on else for over 500K,  would you consider that a better class?

Once again you misrepresent something I've said, it's your favorite trick.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Once again you misrepresent something I've said, it's your favorite trick.

You said this draft class wasn't clearly better than last years.  Since we only know of one signing between 1.5-2M as the bonus and we know nothing at all about the rest of the class aside from Leandro Arias whose bonus must be less than one million, how did you come to the determination that this class isn't better?

You say that I misrepresented what you said when I said this: Clearly, your sole barometer is the bonus amounts for the top 1-2 guys. 

If that's misrepresenting what you said, then please tell me how you are rating this class compared to last year's when, technically only our top signee, estimated at between 1.5M and 2M has signed?

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You said this draft class wasn't clearly better than last years.  Since we only know of one signing between 1.5-2M as the bonus and we know nothing at all about the rest of the class aside from Leandro Arias whose bonus must be less than one million, how did you come to the determination that this class isn't better?

Are you kidding?

You do the same crap over and over and I point it out over and over.

You quoted what I said.

It certainly isn't clearly better.

But in your earlier post you said

I guess to you that means the class is exactly the same

Now I know you are doing this intentionally.

I know that you know that those two comments are not the same.

I'd like you to stop doing this.  It's a waste of time.  I don't know what you get out of misrepresenting my positions but please, give it a rest.

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The money of course...that's all we have to go off of.  But it beats just hoping and wishing.

If the O's were to sign a guy for 3M we'd be excited if they didn't spend over 50K on a guy we'd be disappointed.

There is no indication that they are stepping up and getting more highly coveted guys than they did last year.  Right now it looks like a similar class, which is clearly better than what we had before Elias but not good enough if we are ever going to actually be a competitive team.

And yes I hate going off that little of data but it we should be seeing something that shows improvement from year to year.

This is a pretty sweeping statement.   You really are the smartest guy in the room.  Unfortunately, there is no one else who wants to be in a room with you.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are you kidding?

You do the same crap over and over and I point it out over and over.

You quoted what I said.

It certainly isn't clearly better.

But in your earlier post you said

I guess to you that means the class is exactly the same

Now I know you are doing this intentionally.

I know that you know that those two comments are not the same.

I'd like you to stop doing this.  It's a waste of time.  I don't know what you get out of misrepresenting my positions but please, give it a rest.

LOL.  You are too much.   You quoted a post where I said that you are judging the class on the bonus amounts of the top 2 players signed and said I was misrepresenting what you said.   Now you are quoting a post where I suggested you said the classes are exactly the same if the bonus amounts for the top 2 guys are exactly the same.   Let's stay on track.  You CLEARLY are judging the classes entirely off of the top bonus guy or the top two bonus guys.    That IS your position.

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

This is a pretty sweeping statement.   You really are the smartest guy in the room.  Unfortunately, there is no one else who wants to be in a room with you.

Your second favorite trick.  Personal attack followed by refusing to acknowledge your attempt at misrepresentation.

Night.

47 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Your second favorite trick.  Personal attack followed by refusing to acknowledge your attempt at misrepresentation.

Night.

LOL.  Where is the misrepresentation?   You said this class "clearly wasn't better than last year's" based on one announcement and the anticipation of a second.   I gave you a case suggesting that if the 1st two bonuses of this year matched the first two from last year, you would say "this class is exactly the same".    That's a misrepresentation?    So you're saying this year's class is worse based off of what we know?   LOL

Your tricks are many.  Constantly moving the goalposts and then claiming that you have been harmed in some way.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I’m fine with the 7 figure guy but I’m more than happy with a lot of 5 and 6 figure players too.  I have always said that.

They don’t need to spend on a top 5 guy to make me happy.  I hope they do at some point but it really doesn’t matter to me.

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yep, falling behind other teams in the division by less than prior years is great.  ?

I'm not upset but this isn't great. 

Is this year's class going to be an improvement over last year's?  Are we seeing progress in the quality of the class?

That’s the right question.   Discerning the answer isn’t easy, especially when all we have at the moment is the names of two players we are expected to sign.   We’ll know more when the full class is announced, and still more when the DSL season is played.