MLBTR take on Adley extension

Just Regular

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So one player and not particularly early in the process. 

Hey we just need to tell ownership that Adley is Greek and we are home free!  😉

It doesn't matter when in the process it happened.  Know you like to troll and look for anything to gripe about but thats a pretty dumb thing to pick on.

Well, they haven't really had many players to even think about doing this with.  I was thinking it was Nick and Adam and they would have basically been 2 of the very few options anyway.

50 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm just being my normal pessimistic self but I don't think ownership is going to be on board with early contract extensions.  I think if they were we would have already heard about it with Adley, Mountcastle, Means or Mullins.

I can think of many reasons why Elias would target Adley over those others. The ship hasn't sailed yet on any of them either. That said, I am not predicting anything. For one thing, the player has to agree. So far the Jones extension appears to be the exception that proves the rule. 

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It doesn't matter when in the process it happened.  Know you like to troll and look for anything to gripe about but thats a pretty dumb thing to pick on.

Well, they haven't really had many players to even think about doing this with.  I was thinking it was Nick and Adam and they would have basically been 2 of the very few options anyway.

Yea, that Machado guy was a bum!  And Schoop, don't even get me started on Schoop, or that Mancini fellow.  And that Wieters, terrible idea to extend the top prospect in the game.  And the pitchers, I can't blame them for not extending Bundy, Gausman, Tillman or Means.  After all they are pitchers?  Who extends pitchers?

No I'm not suggesting that in hindsight any or all of those players would have been great extension candidates, but they all were viable candidates at one point.

As for the other nonsense, you are just pissy you got caught being wrong.  🙂

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yea, that Machado guy was a bum!  And Schoop, don't even get me started on Schoop, or that Mancini fellow.  And that Wieters, terrible idea to extend the top prospect in the game.  Don't even get me started on pitchers, I can't blame them for not extending Bundy, Gausman, Tillman or Means.

No I'm not suggesting that in hindsight any or all of those players would have been great extension candidates, but they all were viable candidates at one point.

As for the other nonsense, you are just pissy you got caught being wrong.  🙂

No, I am not being pissy.  You just have to look for any reason to be negative and doom and gloom.  Its just who you are.

I wouldn't have extended any of the guy you mentioned except Manny.

Manny is obviously one they dropped the ball on.  

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No, I am not being pissy.  You just have to look for any reason to be negative and doom and gloom.  Its just who you are.

I wouldn't have extended any of the guy you mentioned except Manny.

Manny is obviously one they dropped the ball on.  

I didn't say you would have.

I said they were viable candidates for an extension.  Do you disagree?

They had other options

But wait...I'm correcting you again so you are going to attack me, so let me brace myself for it...OK, fire away in retaliation for being corrected, I've got my sphincter pre-clenched.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't say you would have.

I said they were viable candidates for an extension.  Do you disagree?

They had other options

Yes, I disagree.  I don't think any of them were viable candidates to sign extensions within a year of coming into the league...Schoop maybe after 2 years or pre arbitration but I think that's a bit of a stretch.