Schmuck: Ramon Deal to Cincy all but Complete

Birds08

With the additions of Freel and likely Pie, are we going to be able to put Montanez in AAA or is he going to have to clear waivers? Also, this would seem to guarantee that Reimold is in Norfolk to start the year, regardless of how he does in the spring. He needs to be playing everyday.

I think trading Scott is highly likely if we add Pie. Regardless of whether we sign Tex, I think that is a good thing. A lot of teams seem to be rumored to be looking for some left-handed power and Scott probably has more value now than he ever will.

The Ramon/ Freel deal leaves me to believe we are going to see a lot more moves in the coming months.

Reimold and Montanez both have three option years remaining. It will be nice that if an OF goes down, we dont have to rely on Fiorentino or call some veteran up, as we will have sufficient OF depth on the roster.

I dont think Scott's value is at his max though.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, Freel could just be in this deal to match up better with the size of Ramon's contract. There's no reason we wouldn't just take the 2 prospects and turn around and flip Freel, right?

Sure we could flip Freel to someone else... but do you know of anyone having a particular interest in him?

You know, Freel could just be in this deal to match up better with the size of Ramon's contract. There's no reason we wouldn't just take the 2 prospects and turn around and flip Freel, right?

I dont really know who would want Freel though, he is overpaid.

Because it is 2 prospects, I hope they arent actually suspects.

Here's a real question for our Reds team analyst... what on earth are they smoking in your front office? :laughlol:

We have just about NO CATCHING in our own farm system so it's more that they're really wanting a veteran guy to help out our rookie guy Ryan Hanigan. If the O's are getting two prospects, they're not going to be very highly ranked IMO but it could also mean that the O's are throwing in more money. I have no idea but we'll see what happens. I'm hoping Ramon just needs a change of scenery and he stops being a tool if he comes to Cincy. My tomatoes will be ready just in case though. ;)

We have just about NO CATCHING in our own farm system so it's more that they're really wanting a veteran guy to help out our rookie guy Ryan Hanigan. If the O's are getting two prospects, they're not going to be very highly ranked IMO but it could also mean that the O's are throwing in more money. I have no idea but we'll see what happens. I'm hoping Ramon just needs a change of scenery and he stops being a tool if he comes to Cincy. My tomatoes will be ready just in case though. ;)

Will the magical catching tandem of Paul Bako and Ramon Hernandez be reuniting, or is Bako gone?

Ummm just for the record (and definitely not for personnal future reference;)) are we sure that is illegal in a strip club? :scratchchinhmm::D
all I could find was:

Rule 6.06© No player may advance on such interference (offensive interference) and all runners must return to the last base that was, in the judgment of the umpire, legally touched at the time of the interference.

It IS interference, and drinking tequila off a dancer's breasts does not entitle you to advance to the next base.

Archived