College season starts Feb. 18 for some schools

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Pretty soon we’ll at least have some college games to follow.   

Back when I lived in Hawaii, I can remember college baseball starting in January. It was always fun to watch (and scout) some baseball in January. I know why the NCAA changed the start dat back to mid/late February (supposedly to give cold weather teams a better chance to compete and because of concerns over academic issues with the players), but it was just nice to have some baseball to watch in the slow sports day of late January early February!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Spent the beautiful weekend in Ocean City and decided to go check out the #1 ranked team in the nation (Division III), Salisbury University.  Beautiful day, nice little stadium and good college baseball atmosphere. The team itself can absolutely tear the cover off the ball and, on the defensive side, execute the fundamentals  well (hitting the cut off man, picking off runners, backing up plays, outfield positioning).

If anyone is going out to the shore anytime soon and have a hankering to watch good baseball, you should check out SU. 

• Upvote 1