• I'd give it an A - excellent return under the circumstances
    • I'd give it a B - good return but I'd hoped for a little more
    • I'd give it a C - acceptable return and we shed a liability
    • I'd give it a D - should have gotten more
    • I'd give it an F - shouldn't have done this deal at all

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fine. Moves Ramon, and we get a versatile everyday player and a couple prospects for the heck of it too. Don't think it was going to get much better.

I like how quickly Mcphail has moved though. I don't ever remember us getting something significant done at the Winter Meetings.

We got rid of Ramon, cleared a little salary, made way for Weiters, picked up a viable utility guy, and somehow swung two decent young bats along the way.

We got a decent return for somebody that had very little value to us. I don't see how anyone wouldn't be pleased...

I don't hate it but I don't love it. Now we have zero catchers (besides Wieters) and about 10 outfielders. Not to mention we probably aren't shedding any payroll since we are paying a good portion of Hernandez's 9million and we have to pay Freel's 4million. I just don't get the point, other than not having to see Ramon ever again.

What do we do with Freel?

I love it. MacPhail always seems to get more than I think our guys are worth. I would have been happy just dumping his salary but MacPhail got three viable players. A bench player for our twenty five man roster and two infielders a position where we lack depth.

Gee, who will be the 2009 OHer's Kick Around player? This guy has caught the worse pitching staffs in baseball over the last three years. More BB's on balls, pitchers that have (had) no business being up here. He just got worn out and played like it.

Oh, my vote for kicked around leader for 2009...Huff, everyone will expect a repeat, and I think he will be respectable, but unlikely to duplicate last year's numbers and he will catch it here.

Archived