C.C to the Yanks.... does this hurt us?

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really wondering if it hurts us with Burnett moreso than Tex.

I would think that Boston needs to dump Lowell before they make an effort to bring in Tex. I don't think Lowell would be a happy camper parked on the bench.

The Lowell thing is the only thing that might save us, but then again has something like that ever stoped them before

I think so, now the Red Sox feel they have to make a big splash. This will make them come harder at Tex.

Boston wants Teixeira whether the Yankees got Sabathia or not, so I really don't think it makes a difference either way.

Joel Sherman was just on Mike and Mike and said the plan is now to move on and sign the next pitcher on their radar, which is Burnett or Lowe. Says the Yankees plan on signing 3 of Sabathia/Burnett/Lowe/Sheets. One down.

Rosenthal suggested the Yankees may get tired of the back and forth with the Braves, and just blow them away with a 5/$100 deal to Burnett. So much for the economy hurting the Yankees and them cutting payroll. They may have nearly $60 mil tied up in just three SP next year. But I'm sure MLB couldn't be happier.

Boston wants Teixeira whether the Yankees got Sabathia or not, so I really don't think it makes a difference either way.

Joel Sherman was just on Mike and Mike and said the plan is now to move on and sign the next pitcher on their radar, which is Burnett or Lowe. Says the Yankees plan on signing 3 of Sabathia/Burnett/Lowe/Sheets. One down.

Rosenthal suggested the Yankees may get tired of the back and forth with the Braves, and just blow them away with a 5/$100 deal to Burnett. So much for the economy hurting the Yankees and them cutting payroll. They may have nearly $60 mil tied up in just three SP next year. But I'm sure MLB couldn't be happier.

You're Right! The Yankees did top the Braves offer according to rotoworld.

Wow...this is huge.

Is it just me, or does anyone else look at Sabathia and worry about his size over the long haul? Randy Johnson is tall, and has been successful, but he's a guy who kept himself thin and in decent shape. C.C. looks more like an offensive lineman than a pitcher.

Now, I'm not saying he's in BAD shape. He just seems like a guy that will "age quickly"....kind of like we've been saying about Adam Dunn.

(brought this post over from the MLB section)

Well, if this is true, I guess I can't really bedgrudge the guy for taking the largest contract ever offered a pitcher in history. It's just that I get excited when guys seem to be spurning the Yanks for a different locale, as it looked as though CC might be doing.

The article says that the Yanks will also be going hard after another top pitcher and that AJ is among the ones they are going after.

If this does put the Yanks out of the Tex sweepstakes then this is obviously good for us. Sure the Red Sox could go harder after Tex now, but they have to sift through Oritz, Youlk, and Lowell. I'm sure the Angels want to have Tex back, but perhaps we can go toe to toe with them? who knows.

Hey CC wasn't having that great of a 2008 until he went to the Brewers and the NL, right? :o

Well, I think it is evident that Sabathia works for Boras..it is all about money and not playing where a player would like to play. Of course if it's only money that Boras wants, then the O's will get Tex. I don't think PA will allow anyone to outbid him for Tex. So now it comes down to Boras, does he want the PR that a large market offers for him or the most money for his client.

Does it hurt us??? The Skanks signed the guy who pitched liked 200 Cy Youngish innings, this past September alone. Of course it hurts us! We have to play those [insert derogatory term here] 19 times next year. And the next year. And the next year. And the next year. And the next year. And the next year.

Archived