Laurila Interview with Grayson Rodriguez

Aristotelian

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/a-conversation-with-baltimore-orioles-prospect-grayson-rodriguez/

Velocity was up lastyear, best out pitch is change up, added cutter in 2020. 

Has anything been said about the O's changing their philosophy about cutters? I know that was a Duquette thing but I don't remember anything from Elias officially removing the cutter prohibition. Certainly interesting to see that their top prospect (perhaps the top pitching prospect in the game) is throwing one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MijiT88 said:

I can't confirm with any quotes or anything but I do remember that when ME took over Bundy added it back into his repertoire and other pitchers did as well. So I do believe that is very much a thing of the past regime. 

Bundy always threw it in the majors, they just called it a Slider.

For the first time in a long while I'm actually excited for the new season. We have something like 7 out of the top 100 prospects with a likelyhood of seeing at least two of them this year. Rutschman and Rodriguez being both the best catching and pitching prospects in mlb respectively.

But of course the jughead owners have to do a lockout this year. 

Edited by OsEatAlEast

8 minutes ago, OsEatAlEast said:

For the first time in a long while I'm actually excited for the new season. We have something like 7 out of the top 100 prospects with a likelyhood of seeing at least two of them this year. Rutschman and Rodriguez being both the best catching and pitching prospects in mlb respectively.

But of course the jughead owners have to do a lockout this year. 

Hall's on the 40, if he's healthy I bet we see him at some point.