Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster?

Frobby

Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/22 at 02:19

5 minutes ago, waroriole said:

In an ideal world, he’d have been up in 2020. I’m not going to put all the blame on the Orioles for taking advantage of the way the system is set up. Especially when the rules were just up for revision last month.  I’m disappointed this is the path the Orioles choose, but I’m not blind to their economic realities. 

You know, don’t hate the player, hate the game. Blah blah blah. 

Some of us have the hate to spare.

I'll completely blame them.

They didn't have to go about it this way.  Other teams don't.  Other teams accept some risk and extend their young players.

This practice isn't as common as some folks like to suggest. 

The system isn't forcing them to act like this.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Some of us have the hate to spare.

I'll completely blame them.

They didn't have to go about it this way.  Other teams don't.  Other teams accept some risk and extend their young players.

This practice isn't as common as some folks like to suggest. 

The system isn't forcing them to act like this.

Other teams are extending catchers?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I 21.4% believe AR would have been part.

Yeah, I just don’t know.   Bottom line, we won’t have a shot at the playoffs this year and Elias might have bucked the trend set by these other teams that think they can compete.   Hard to tell, and now we’ll never know.   

15 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Other teams are extending catchers?

Max Stassi got a three year extension (with an option) a couple weeks ago.  He's 31!

Realmuto signed a five year extension in January.

Salvador Perez signed a four year extenstion with the Royals (with an option).

Yasmani Grandal signed a four year deal (not an extension) in Nov 2019 at age 31.

So yea, I'd say teams are extending catchers.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Max Stassi got a three year extension (with an option) a couple weeks ago.  He's 31!

Realmuto signed a five year extension in January.

Salvador Perez signed a four year extenstion with the Royals (with an option).

Yasmani Grandal signed a four year deal (not an extension) in Nov 2019 at age 31.

So yea, I'd say teams are extending catchers.

You think those are wise decisions?

Do we know Adley would be interested in extending? A big pay day at 31 might be his only chance at free agency. 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

You think those are wise decisions?

Do we know Adley would be interested in extending? A big pay day at 31 might be his only chance at free agency. 

Seriously?

You ask if Catchers are being extended, probably thinking that they haven't been, and when you see they have this is the best you come up with?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Seriously?

You ask if Catchers are being extended, probably thinking that they haven't been, and when you see they have this is the best you come up with?

First of all none of those catchers were extended before playing a ML game. They were extended after establishing themselves. So, it’s not relevant to the discussion we were having anyway. Second, you’re hardly the person to make an accusation like that. 

Just now, waroriole said:

First of all none of those catchers were extended before playing a ML game. They were extended after establishing themselves. So, it’s not relevant to the discussion we were having anyway. Second, you’re hardly the person to make an accusation like that. 

YOU DIDN'T ASK FOR THAT, YOU ASKED IF TEAMS WERE EXTENDING CATCHERS.

You should have tipped your hat and called it a day.

Instead you double and triple down and go with a personal attack.

Classy.

Maybe if the O's had promoted him in 2020 he would have established himself by now?

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

YOU DIDN'T ASK FOR THAT, YOU ASKED IF TEAMS WERE EXTENDING CATCHERS.

You should have tipped your hat and called it a day.

Instead you double and triple down and go with a personal attack.

Classy.

Maybe if the O's had promoted him in 2020 he would have established himself by now?

We were taking about extending young players. Why would I have cared what happened to established players based on the conversation we were having. Type in as many italics and all caps as you like. As usual, you change the terms of the conversation to match your presuppositions because this board exists to prove how much smarter you are than everyone. Elias is so stupid, only CoC knows how to save the day. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

I mean, at least do a 5-year deal. Just show some form of commitment to someone.

The thing about that is you’ve already got him for 6-7 years. If I was going to sign him, I’d at least wanna buy out 1-2 years of FA. I agree about showing a commitment in some areas I just don’t think Adley fits that profile. Catchers don’t age well and he’s already 24. The best type of player to extend would be a SS/3B or OF.