Danny Duffy (Signed 1-yr deal with Dodgers)

jrobb21613

17 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Shouldn’t someone have to establish credibility, not the other way around. He could be right, but I’d rather see it corroborated. 

Well he is a writer that covers baseball and is a member of the BBWAA.  I think that gives him credibility as someone in and around the game.

It’s not like it’s me on Twitter saying these things.  That wouldn’t be credible.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well he is a writer that covers baseball and is a member of the BBWAA.  I think that gives him credibility as someone in and around the game.

It’s like it’s me on Twitter saying these things.  That wouldn’t be credible.

He’s also the only one who said it. Nobody else even mentioned it in passing, with the added protection of citing him. He doesn’t seem to have a big following, but now he got the attention of our hardcore fan base. Maybe I’m very cynical, but it’s a good marketing move. 

12 minutes ago, waroriole said:

He’s also the only one who said it. Nobody else even mentioned it in passing, with the added protection of citing him. He doesn’t seem to have a big following, but now he got the attention of our hardcore fan base. Maybe I’m very cynical, but it’s a good marketing move. 

Well put it this way..he covers the Yankees and Mets and the Yankees were (out now) one of the teams rumored to be going after him.

If he was just trying for a fan base, why wouldn’t he spread that rumor about the Yankees..the team and fan base he covers?

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s not like it’s me on Twitter saying these things.  That wouldn’t be credible.

You're a member of the SGWGA (Sports Guy Writers Guild of America), which is accredited by the SGIA (Sports Guy Institute of Accreditation). Don't sell yourself short. 

Well put it this way..he covers the Yankees and Mets and the Yankees were (out now) one of the teams rumored to be going after him.

If he was just trying for a fan base, why wouldn’t he spread that rumor about the Yankees..the team and fan base he covers?

Or was he fed information by an agent in order for the NY teams to see it so they can squeeze more money out of them? Maybe this guy is the new Jon Heyman?

The other thing everyone needs to remember is this is a guy who had elbow surgery in October and won't pitch until June at the earliest. He's a wild card on what he looks like in his return.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Or was he fed information by an agent in order for the NY teams to see it so they can squeeze more money out of them? Maybe this guy is the new Jon Heyman?

The other thing everyone needs to remember is this is a guy who had elbow surgery in October and won't pitch until June at the earliest. He's a wild card on what he looks like in his return.

He may have been fed info and it may be wrong.  What I don't think is that he is making it up.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

In one way that makes him a good fit for a prove-it deal with a team like the Orioles. On the other hand, is that enough time for him to build value before a trade? So in that way, it might not make a ton of sense. Obviously I'd be for it. 

22 minutes ago, interloper said:

In one way that makes him a good fit for a prove-it deal with a team like the Orioles. On the other hand, is that enough time for him to build value before a trade? So in that way, it might not make a ton of sense. Obviously I'd be for it. 

A modest one year deal with an higher value option with a decent-sized buyout could potentially work.

He may have been fed info and it may be wrong.  What I don't think is that he is making it up.

I agree. It's very doubtful someone that is in the BBWA would make something up. However, in this climate of trying to get information out on Twitter first, the days of doing due diligence and checking multiple sources before reporting a "rumor" is pretty much gone. Not saying he didn't do that since I don't know him at all, just saying that the landscape has changed.

16 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I agree. It's very doubtful someone that is is the BBWA would make something up. However, in this climate of trying to get information out on Twitter first, the days of doing due diligence and checking multiple sources before reporting a "rumor" is pretty much gone. Not saying he didn't do that since I don't know him at all, just saying that the landscape has changed.

Yea I think that’s accurate.

I think it’s safe to say that a writer from Correas home country, who is writing articles in Spanish, is likely to have some sort of ties/connection to Correa and/or people close to Him.

I don't know who he is and I can't embed because work won't let me on twitter, but Adam King confirms what Raul said about Duffy and said he likely signs here.

From what I gather he's the owner of a website devoted to source.  Maybe someone else can find the tweet and post it.  Basically retweets Raul and says "I can confirm.  He very likely signs there".  

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I think that’s accurate.

I think it’s safe to say that a writer from Correas home country, who is writing articles in Spanish, is likely to have some sort of ties/connection to Correa and/or people close to Him.

His home country is the US, by the way.