Nobody Can Convince Me That the Orioles Infield is not Dramatically Better..

Eli Eon

wlthout Tejada at short. Dempsey has even been commenting on how sparkling it now is, and that they are making plays they have not made before. Tejada should DH the rest of the year. Sorry, Miggy I like your bat but your defense is not first rate. We are all seeing it first hand since you have been hurt.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that there is a huge difference, and I think it is helping us win games, and in particular helping the pitchers.

That being said I think there is no way you can sit Tejada for the rest of the year at DH. He needs to be showcased, and part of that is his ability to still play SS.

I agree that there is a huge difference, and I think it is helping us win games, and in particular helping the pitchers.

That being said I think there is no way you can sit Tejada for the rest of the year at DH. He needs to be showcased, and part of that is his ability to still play SS.

Actually watching him muff double plays at shortstop could diminish his value. Face it, he is an above average to great hitter, and an average to below average shortstop. I think he needs to learn to play the outfield.

Other teams' scouts have already had plenty of opportunity to form opinions about his play at SS. It seems that the majority of them don't consider him a very good one. Leaving him exposed, especially when we've have Hernandez playing SS for us right before the deadline when lots of scouts are around to see the difference, is not going to fool them. By that logic, we should be playing Jay Gibbons at shortstop to try to increase his value.

I've said this on other threads, but it's not just Hernandez getting to more balls than Tejada. Roberts is like a different player in the field all of a sudden. Maybe it's Trembley's influence, but I suspect it has more to do with having a better-than-competent double play partner.

I can't justify playing Hernandez every day, but if he keeps looking halfway decent at the plate for now, even though that doesn't reflect his career averages, he should stay with the team and play 1-2 times a week at least until Mora comes back.

wlthout Tejada at short. Dempsey has even been commenting on how sparkling it now is, and that they are making plays they have not made before. Tejada should DH the rest of the year. Sorry, Miggy I like your bat but your defense is not first rate. We are all seeing it first hand since you have been hurt.

Do we need yet another thread about your obsession? :confused:

A week or so ago it was Fahey, and a month ago people even were considering Bynum.

Well how about we just put Fahey at 2nd, Hernandez at SS and leave Gomez at 1st...trade/release Tejada/Roberts/Mora and watch the win tally build up.

Other teams' scouts have already had plenty of opportunity to form opinions about his play at SS. It seems that the majority of them don't consider him a very good one. Leaving him exposed, especially when we've have Hernandez playing SS for us right before the deadline when lots of scouts are around to see the difference, is not going to fool them. By that logic, we should be playing Jay Gibbons at shortstop to try to increase his value.

I've said this on other threads, but it's not just Hernandez getting to more balls than Tejada. Roberts is like a different player in the field all of a sudden. Maybe it's Trembley's influence, but I suspect it has more to do with having a better-than-competent double play partner.

I can't justify playing Hernandez every day, but if he keeps looking halfway decent at the plate for now, even though that doesn't reflect his career averages, he should stay with the team and play 1-2 times a week at least until Mora comes back.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha. Your post is so funny yet spot on true. :D How is playing someone who is bad at their position compared to what is out there now going to showcase their value?Cmon, people do a little thinking here.:eek: I too have noticed that Roberts also seems to have brought his defense to a higher level by playing with a better defensive shortstop. It effects the entire infield in a positive manner and is as obvious as night and day the difference.

Do we need yet another thread about your obsession? :confused:

You mean your obsession with trying to prove me wrong when I am oh, so very right on something?:rolleyes: You might just need to face the possibility that you are wrong about this and deal with it instead of blasting me for posting a very valid and pertinent topic, just because you differ with the viewpoint.

You mean your obsession with trying to prove me wrong when I am oh, so very right on something?:rolleyes: You might just need to face the possibility that you are wrong about this and deal with it instead of blasting me for posting a very valid and pertinent topic, just because you differ with the viewpoint.

I must be watching different games than you. Tejada has been above average at SS.

Im still unclear as to what you are right about. Is it that you think that Hernandez is more valuable than Tejada? Or that Hernandez is a better SS/makes the team better than Tejada?

Regardless, either of them are wrong.

Wow. I mean, just wow. Luis Hernandez, the random minor league filler, the guy we picked up for 75 cents, he of the .574 OPS in AA, the same guy who only got promoted because of multiple injuries and a complete lack of organizational depth... this guy is so spectacularly awesome that not only does he make a former AL MVP disposable, but he's turned a very good defensive player in Brian Roberts into the second coming of Eddie Collins. Or maybe Nap Lajoie. Just wow.

How long until we put his number out in the courtyard behind center field? Do we dare wait until next week? Or by then will his powers have become so Godlike that he'll strike us all down for our tardiness?

Archived