Tyler Wells, Mike Baumann and Stewart off season workouts

wildcard

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Stewart is in the lineup today which makes 3 out of 4 days.  I think he is the only guy to have started 3 of the first 4 preseason games, no one else has more than. 2.

Hopefully, this is the last look at what he can (read: Can't) do before he is released or best case, traded to someone for an International slot. 

Stewart might be the best test case if there is any sticky superior quality to Fuller and the younger, more technologically oriented hitting coaches.   That was a nice callback Stewart's couple weeks of Babe Ruth mode were after his 2020 Bowie time.

I figure he'll pinch hit for the bottom of the lineup and start once a week in the early going.    I suppose if he's good and Santander is bad it could become a RF battle (my guess is Hays will be cemented in LF learning those angles), and Stowers could enter that fray with a good start.

Stowers K rate ticked up from ~30% to ~35% when he got his AAA cup of coffee - both Santander and Stewart probably safe if it stays near .350.