Are we really not signing anyone else?

NelsonCruuuuuz

1 hour ago, luismatos4prez said:

I don't know why I care at this point, but I will be very upset if they don't try to improve the rotation before the season. It's a train wreck at this point. I would happily take Johnny Cueto or JA Happ. Give one of them 5M just to ease our suffering slightly this year.

Elias seems to think that there's no difference between Cueto and Happ versus throwing Lowther and Akin to the wolves again.  

15 hours ago, rm5678 said:

Maybe he's busy working out a trade for Mancini. Dan Connolly thinks a Mancini trade is likely.

Can't wait the for boring crappy return on that deal. Some 17 year old international bog standard 35FV  guys that will be treated like Wander Franco, or better yet some 24 year olds who have never played above AA

15 hours ago, rm5678 said:

Maybe he's busy working out a trade for Mancini. Dan Connolly thinks a Mancini trade is likely.

Connolly doesn't know anything we don't. He knows Trey will be a free agent next year therefore it's likely he'll be traded by the deadline, which includes anytime from now until August. Anyone with a brain can write an article saying that. 

13 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

He knows of one difference, the cost.

We'd all happily accept this plan if we were confident the money saved during the rebuild was eventually going to be spent on good baseball players.

Every day, I feel less and less confident that will be the case. We'll have to stomach Watkins getting blown up in the 2nd inning every few days. Because apparently that 5M we saved by not signing a capable pitcher will be crucial to some future team's playoff chances.

But I'm peering into my crystal ball and seeing Mullins traded when he hits arbitration and Adley running for the hills in FA like Mussina. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.