Kyle Bradish 2022

Tony-OH

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not good enough.

Even if Means comes back midseason and is in good form, I don't think that's enough either. Even if Hall begins the year in the rotation and is average, I don't think that's enough either. The O's need to either sign or trade for 2 studs. And preferably 2 run producers for the lineup.  

19 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Even if Means comes back midseason and is in good form, I don't think that's enough either. Even if Hall begins the year in the rotation and is average, I don't think that's enough either. The O's need to either sign or trade for 2 studs. And preferably 2 run producers for the lineup.  

Come back to reality. You might get 1 from your wish list.

The results yesterday were good.  Lack of hits, walks and runs, went 7 innings.  All good. 

Problem is, he only threw 57% of his pitches for strikes.  His swingstr% was 15%, which is well below league average.  He only got 3 Ks.

This worked yesterday but normally, that will not be a formula for success.

Bradish has done enough to where I think he should start the year in the rotation next year, which is not something I felt a month ago. But he is far from a guarantee of being a good ML starter.

The OD rotation should have Bradish, GRod, Kremer/Voth/Wells and 2 pitchers better than those 3 fighting for one spot.

If you can’t bring in 2, you have to bring in one TOR type guy and just hope that those guys don’t turn into a pumpkin.

The Orioles have some real decisions to make on who they think is real and not on some players.  

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

The results yesterday were good.  Lack of hits, walks and runs, went 7 innings.  All good. 

Problem is, he only threw 57% of his pitches for strikes.  His swingstr% was 15%, which is well below league average.  He only got 3 Ks.

Bradish has done enough to where I think he should start the year in the rotation next year, which is not something I felt a month ago. But he is far from a guarantee of being a good ML starter.

The OD rotation should have Bradish, GRod, Kremer/Voth/Wells and 2 pitchers better than those 3 fighting for one spot.

If you can’t bring in 2, you have to bring in one TOR type guy and just hope that those guys don’t turn into a pumpkin.

The Orioles have some real decisions to make on who they think is real and not on some players.  

Admittedly, I’m a novice with this statcast/ baseball savant stuff but Bradish looks close to league average in whiff%.  Looks like he’s a little higher than Wells and Voth.  

Also, if we had judged him a month ago it would cause a different evaluation than today.  We might have a different opinion next May than we did today.

Maybe his changeup becomes better.  He’s in the process of improving as we’ve seen.

Edited by RZNJ

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

We've still got Means plus Hall could straighten things out and come back as a starter. I would be ecstatic with one TOR guy to go with Grayson. Then you have Kremer, Bradish, and Wells. To me that is a solid rotation. We'd basically be taking a league average rotation and upgrading Watkins with Grayson and Lyles with the TOR guy. On top of that you have Means coming back, Hall is a potential option with upside, and you have Voth, Zimmermann, Baumann, and Watkins for depth.

I'm guessing if we sign two pitchers it would be Lyles plus another guy and I don't really want to see Lyles again. 

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Admittedly, I’m a novice with this statcast/ baseball savant stuff but Bradish looks close to league average in whiff%.  Looks like he’s a little higher than Wells and Voth.  

His swingstr% is 18%, which is below league average, albeit not by much.

His str% is also well below league average.

That said, my observation is just based off of yesterday and the thought that he had a good start yesterday.  Yes, the results are all that matter but that isn’t a start I feel he can repeat and keep having those results.

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

We've still got Means plus Hall could straighten things out and come back as a starter. I would be ecstatic with one TOR guy to go with Grayson. Then you have Kremer, Bradish, and Wells. To me that is a solid rotation. We'd basically be taking a league average rotation and upgrading Watkins with Grayson and Lyles with the TOR guy. On top of that you have Means coming back, Hall is a potential option with upside, and you have Voth, Zimmermann, Baumann, and Watkins for depth.

I'm guessing if we sign two pitchers it would be Lyles plus another guy and I don't really want to see Lyles again. 

I don’t want to go into the season relying on all of these guys to repeat success.

I also don’t want to enter the year with the thought that we need to rely on Hall as a starter.  If he develops and turns out great, so be it.  We will find a spot for him.

Means isn’t back until at least the AS break in all likelihood and guys coming back from TJ surgery don’t usually see the previous results until the following year.

Edited by Sports Guy