DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hall has K'd like 55% of the guys he's faced in his last 3 starts. He's as ready as ready gets.

His ERA is above 4 after a couple of first inning homers tonight. I just don't get the rush until he starts actually winning games regularly in AAA and can last through six innings or so.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

His ERA is above 4 after a couple of first inning homers tonight. I just don't get the rush until he starts actually winning games regularly in AAA and can last through six innings or so.

So not until next year. Good call by Elias saying this year Hall and Rodriguez would both be coming up along with all these other prospects. 

2 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Well this outing should light up some opinions here.  😅

He had some dominant outings, they decided to have him pitch one inning on Friday only to start him today and he comes out struggling.

Yea, I totally think he's not even a prospect anymore after that.

Why mess with his routine?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

He had some dominant outings, they decided to have him pitch one inning on Friday only to start him today and he comes out struggling.

Yes, made no sense at this point of the season. I was looking forward to watching him pitch and the Tide gave him a  lead before he took the mound.

This is the first full season Hall has pitched since 2019, and he pitched that season at high-a with a 3.46 ERA in 80 innings. Being a starting pitcher over a full year involves starts where you don’t feel great, or different pitches aren’t work etc. He’s still learning….let him 

11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I agree with this. It's impossible to know if messing with his routine caused this but it definitely can't help. I'm all in on Elias' plan but this element is annoying and seems completely unnecessary. Now he has to be built back up again before he's even an option. Extremely frustrating.

Do you possibly think the Friday 1 inning, back on mound Tuesday was a test for MLB bullpen?  Certainly a number of folks here have suggested we bring him up for bullpen use during “the stretch run”.   Maybe better to  mess with his routine in Norfolk than in Baltimore.  Just spitball’n here.

44 minutes ago, interloper said:

I agree with this. It's impossible to know if messing with his routine caused this but it definitely can't help. I'm all in on Elias' plan but this element is annoying and seems completely unnecessary. Now he has to be built back up again before he's even an option. Extremely frustrating.

Wouldn't promoting him to the Majors mess with his routine? How's he going to handle that against the best hitters on the planet? It's always the organization's fault, never the player. 

McLanahan just pitched one inning in the All Star game, then comes back and throws seven crisp innings on 81 pitches. I think the unfortunate truth is Hall is inconsistent.

The question is whether there is advantage to his development or to the team in having him fix it with more experience in the minors or if he is what he is. We would be taking a big risk that the same thing will happen against MLB hitters and he will be costing us games when we are 3 back of the wild card and otherwise playing good baseball.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

After about 100 MLB innings, MIL recently got Aaron Ashby (lefty with great stuff and still a Starter/Reliever mystery) on a LTC that might in time be an interesting Hall comp if he continues to be a mixed bag.

Ashby was only a 4th round guy with a $500k bonus, so probably not Hall's raw talent or motivation to guarantee his first few millions.

Hopefully Hall pitches circles around him, but certainly MIL has a great track record with their Arms.