Thursday: Orioles vs Pirates at Bradenton

SteveA

4 minutes ago, justD said:

They just interviewed the Pirates' starting pitcher Thompson, who said he actually fell over after one pitch due to a strong gust. 

Before my time but it's part of Oriole lore that Stu Miller was blown off the mound in Candlestick Park in San Francisco in an All Star game sometime in the 60s.

• Upvote 1

Akin was the scheduled starter but Hyde decided to switch them up.  This is Baker's third spring appearance.  The other two were in the ninth inning of games, so he was facing scrubs.  Tony had mentioned that he was disappointed that they weren't using him against the starters.  Well, today, they did.  He's looked good in every outing so far.  Really would like him to break camp with the big team.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Somebody who isn't following Gameday at work gonna have to explain to me how Richie Martin only went from 2nd to 3rd on a double by Ramon Urias.

It was kinda funny.  He took a biiiiig turn around third and got held up and held up his hands looking at the 3rd base coach saying, "Whyyy????" 

Announcers figured it was like earlier in the game, they're trying to avoid plays at the plate in Spring Training with the risk of injury. 

And I haven't been paying attention, because they just said Shayne Fontana gets to third on a hit by Cody Roberts. 

And I'm like, "What?? Who??" 

It's so nice having Twin Lakes this close to the ML parks so these guys can just come over and get some exposure like this. 

Is it wrong for me to be happy that Akin gave up yet another home run? 

I've never liked him.  Even in Bowie.  I really want us to be forced to fill his slot with someone else.  

Even if that turns out not so great either. 

The home run was an exit velo of 100mph, 410 ft.