Cedric Mullins 2022

Just Regular

47 minutes ago, interloper said:

A 5 WAR repeat is very unlikely/unrealistic to expect. I will settle for 3ish!

Maybe unrealistic to expect, but not unrealistic to hope for, considering he just did it.   Like you, I’d be happy with a 3 WAR season.  

Mets Receive: Paddack, Hosmer, Means

Mets Lose: Smith, Allan

Padres Receive: Smith, Mullins

Padres Lose: Paddack, Hosmer, Abrams, Gore

Orioles Receive: Abrams, Gore, Allan

Orioles Lose: Mullins, Means

Mets bolster rotation behind DeGrom and Scherzer with Paddack/Means.

Padres unload Hosmer's contract and add another great OF for cheap. Rotation still strong behind Yu/Snell/Clevinger.

Orioles receive a top 10 overall prospect and future Leadoff CF, a change of scenery, risky potential TOR piece to plug in with GrayRod/Hall, and another high upside arm years away coming off Tommy John.

• 2 weeks later...

What, no grand slam talk?

That was great to see last night. What a clutch moment. And then he smacked another near-home run for a double later in the game. Hopefully he's getting on track and adjusting. 

By the way, I was at the game and could see Elias and Sig  near home plate. They were standing and applauding with the rest of the stadium during the grand slam, pretty neat IMO. [Insert trade joke here]

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

We are 1/10th of the way through the season (16 games) and Mullins has accrued .5 rWAR. Still on pace to repeat his 5 WAR season!

Exactly. These dead ball s are helping everyone. Hopefully when the weather warms the offense will as well. Or maybe MLB will stop messing with the ball and let it go back to what it was last year! 

Mullins will be fine.