Update: Hays out on Paternity Leave

interloper

13 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The Baltimore Sun has only one beat reporter left.Jon Meoli took the buyout.He might go to the  Baltimore Banner, the new online Baltimore newspaper but not definite.So MASN who would never ask a question and very few others .

Well, I realize it’s a thin press corps.  But there’s nothing complicated or controversial about this question.  If one of your starting position players doesn’t play three days in a row, you ask why.  Hopefully we’ll get the answer today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, interloper said:

3 straight days.

Hard to not assume he's injured in some way at this point unless it's confirmed he's on paternity leave.

Considering he’s always an injury risk they might be keeping him out while orchestrating a trade

36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, I realize it’s a thin press corps.  But there’s nothing complicated or controversial about this question.  If one of your starting position players doesn’t play three days in a row, you ask why.  Hopefully we’ll get the answer today. 

Adley has been over two weeks from announcement of injury and have not heard if he is progressing according to the timetable. These are not controversial questions .Why they don't ask I  don't understand. 

So who does the team give those press credentials to?  It's in the Orioles best interest to have more press coverage than less - essentially free advertising.  Think Tony already has credentials?  But hopefully the Orioles will distribute to other upstart, entrepenuering individuals who can provide additional insights.

• Tony-OH changed the title to Update: Hays out on Paternity Leave
7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Everything he can doesn’t sound like it’s some mild issue since that is almost doing nothing.

I think it's more like everything they're letting him do. Hopefully. I mean they confirmed nothing structural so maybe it's just a worse strain than they thought.

19 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think it's more like everything they're letting him do. Hopefully. I mean they confirmed nothing structural so maybe it's just a worse strain than they thought.

A few weeks back ,one of the beat writers said don't expect to see Adley till the end of April at the earliest. Plus the Orioles are in no rush to start his clock.

Good for Hays,but not sure why it took three days to announce this.Maybe complications or maybe nothing. 

39 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

A few weeks back ,one of the beat writers said don't expect to see Adley till the end of April at the earliest. Plus the Orioles are in no rush to start his clock.

Good for Hays,but not sure why it took three days to announce this.Maybe complications or maybe nothing. 

Perfect, now Adley will be called up right after the super 2 cutoff.  Coincidentally of course.