Elias expects hitting to be good and pitching to struggle

Sports Guy

20 hours ago, LTO's said:

They were high schoolers not near the ML level which is what I was referring to if you read my comment. The AA-AAA contingent that Elias inherited were probably the worst in the sport. This is what happens when you trade guys like Davies and Erod for rentals, don’t draft/develop pitchers well and completely phone it with your trades at the deadline in 2018. 

Not disagreeing with you.Reason why many GM candidates turned down the Orioles and ended up with a GM that had been out of baseball for many years. Orioles have bern run so poorly for years and years.From nomadic Spring Training sites Teams refusing to play on their spring fields Rochester basically saying that we don't want your AAA team anymore and ending up in Ottawa.No international presence.,etc ,etc 

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Just depends on what your realistic expectations are.

I expect them to look good at times, terrible at others and mediocre the rest of the time.  Basically, if they are starters, I expect them to be 4.5-5 ERA starters who, given 30 starts, would give you 140ish IP. 

There is some value in that but it’s also easily replaceable and it’s why all of these guys are likely destinated for the pen or ultimate failure.  If they are lucky, one of that group turns into a back end starter or a good opener type pitcher.

I certainly do not expect 3 straight walks to open a frame from any pitcher with his amount of experience. He was rightly optioned today.