2022 Orioles Prospects Power Rankings (Top 40)

Tony-OH

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Updated as of today, April 25th.

Went ahead and moved some top 10 guys. It's a power ranking, so I decided no need to not move guys. They can always get their rankings back with better performance.

I certainly hope Cowser stops his slide.   You could have made a case to move him down even further.   

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I certainly hope Cowser stops his slide.   You could have made a case to move him down even further.   

I could have but it's still only the 3rd week of the season. The K rate is alarming though especially for a guy who should have in theory been ready to start the year in AA. 

I didn't move Mayo down because he's hit into some bad luck times this year, but he needs to turn it on a bit soon.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Prieto seems to have the biggest "UP" out of everyone who was previously ranked right now. Good stuff. 

I feel like Prieto’s “up” isn’t just based on a hot streak, but a demonstration that he has more power than anyone anticipated.  He’s got six homers already, and going into the season I wouldn’t have been surprised if that was his total for the whole year, based on what I’d read.  

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I feel like Prieto’s “up” isn’t just based on a hot streak, but a demonstration that he has more power than anyone anticipated.  He’s got six homers already, and going into the season I wouldn’t have been surprised if that was his total for the whole year, based on what I’d read.  

Certainly surprising. Wonder what the difference is between Cuban and MLB baseballs, and if that would play a part at all. Or perhaps some other factor.

1. I'm certainly surprised to see Antonio Velez and Kyle Brnovich ranked and Raul Rangel unranked.

2. Donta Williams is #22 and was #20 and yet it says he is UP.   nitpick!!

3. Any feelings on Dylan Harris, who is off to a very impessive start in AA?  He's old in terms of age (25) but young in terms of professional experience.   Any  chance he's more than filler?

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

3. Any feelings on Dylan Harris, who is off to a very impessive start in AA?  He's old in terms of age (25) but young in terms of professional experience.   Any  chance he's more than filler?

The throw he made the other day was unbelievable.   

18 hours ago, interloper said:

Prieto seems to have the biggest "UP" out of everyone who was previously ranked right now. Good stuff. 

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

The other thing is we really didn't know what we could expect when he faced minor league pitching so his initial ranking was kind of a wag. The power is very intriguing because of the lack of power from most guys in Aberdeen. The Carolina League seems to be the blackhole of good MiLB broadcasts so it's been tough to evaluate him overall, but the offensive number speak for themselves.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The other thing is we really didn't know what we could expect when he faced minor league pitching so his initial ranking was kind of a wag. The power is very intriguing because of the lack of power from most guys in Aberdeen. The Carolina League seems to be the blackhole of good MiLB broadcasts so it's been tough to evaluate him overall, but the offensive number speak for themselves.

And we know that they are too cheap for a CF cam to assist in the pitch ID.  😇

15 hours ago, RZNJ said:

1. I'm certainly surprised to see Antonio Velez and Kyle Brnovich ranked and Raul Rangel unranked.

2. Donta Williams is #22 and was #20 and yet it says he is UP.   nitpick!!

1. Rangel has been a very big mystery because he's barely pitched for Delmarva and has been very wild. The fact the team has chose Chace and De Los Santos to start over him (he does have one quick start) in interesting, especially since Rangel out performed them both last year in the FCL. Rangel can easily get back on the list by performing well, but so far he's been erratic. I haven't got any good angles on him yet either so I'm waiting to see the stuff from the centerfield camera angle as well as get some radar readings. Remember, these are power rankings.

2. I'll fix Williams. That may have gotten screwed up when I moving guys around. Honestly, I'm not sure why he would have moved down two. I honestly think he was 22 and stayed the same. 

3. I honestly thought they released Harris when he did not make a team this year out of spring training, especially after the poor numbers he put up last year in his professional debut. Clearly at 25 years old he's old for the league but from professional standpoint he's pretty inexperienced. We all saw that great throw he made last week and he's obviously off to a hit start with the bat. We'll need to see where he is in about a month of so before he gets on the power rankings.

1 minute ago, bobmc said:

And we know that they are too cheap for a CF cam to assist in the pitch ID.  😇

Heck, Cal/Billy are apparently too cheap to hire a college kid as an intern and let him/her announce the games. He know they aren't springing for a center field camera anytime soon. Aberdeen is pretty much the embarrassment of the Orioles affiliates. I wonder if they are going to open up more than just two food areas this year and maybe serve more than chicken tenders and awful cheesburger? 

I took some people with me last year for my sons birthday up there who had never been to a game there. I was embarrassed how few food options there were or people working. Apparently they can't get anyone to work up there. Maybe it was a COVID thing, but the fact that they are doing another year of broadcasterless broadcasts from a high press box view again show you how much ownership cares about the fans or their product. 

Meanwhile, I have to hope the away broadcasts are decent.

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Heck, Cal/Billy are apparently too cheap to hire a college kid as an intern and let him/her announce the games. He know they aren't springing for a center field camera anytime soon. Aberdeen is pretty much the embarrassment of the Orioles affiliates. I wonder if they are going to open up more than just two food areas this year and maybe serve more than chicken tenders and awful cheesburger? 

I took some people with me last year for my sons birthday up there who had never been to a game there. I was embarrassed how few food options there were or people working. Apparently they can't get anyone to work up there. Maybe it was a COVID thing, but the fact that they are doing another year of broadcasterless broadcasts from a high press box view again show you how much ownership cares about the fans or their product. 

Meanwhile, I have to hope the away broadcasts are decent.

I know - it's just a few per diem checks that Billy or Cal get for their travels to and fro TV appearances, amirite?  🙃