Tony-OH

Opening Day 4/8/22: @ Tampa

• Plus Member
Just now, deward said:

Anyone else watching on mlb.tv and miss the first two batters because of a commercial? Not sure if that's a MASN screw up or an mlb.tv screw up.

I have MASN and it showed the first two batters fine.

• Plus Member
4 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Always enjoyed watching games with them here on the game threads. The loss definitely hits fresh at the start of the new season.

Yep, they were two of the best people who frequented the game thread, that's for sure.

• Plus Member
Just now, jamalshw said:

I got the very end of Mountcastle's AB on MLB.tv, but missed all of Mullins. 

I have found with the MASN App that when you first bring it up you always get a couple commercials, even if you happen to bring it up when an inning is in progress.

Wonder if that somehow relates to getting the MASN feed on MLB tv.

• Plus Member
Just now, seak05 said:

I actually wonder how firm Santander’s grip on a starting OF spot is

Found it interesting that Hyde said he is in LF and Hays in RF because Hays is throwing better.  Santander has always had a good arm.  Wonder if there is a physical issue?

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

I actually wonder how firm Santander’s grip on a starting OF spot is

I would have guessed long leash but Yusniel had quite a spring and is already off to a great start. At some point Elias may want to give him some opportunities rather than try to eke trade value out of Santander. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I believe this week's 3B games for Westburg are his first in AAA after a few weeks. Gunnar SS-SS-3B-3B-SS-3B Westburg 2B-3B-SS-SS-3B-SS  
    • So, the Orioles claimed this 23 year old switch hitter, who has a very good defensive rep. A week ago. Because he got sent down by Boston before they waived him, he had to be down in AAA for a total of 10 days before he could come up, according to Kevin Brown in today’s broadcast. After a few games now, I have seen him play 2B and 3B, and I have only seen him bat LH. I have to say that I have been impressed with his hands at 2B and 3B. His range and his arm seem to also be very good. A very smooth defender, he made some difficult plays at 3B today, and he made them look easy. The LH stroke is short to the ball with good barrel control. Has a little pop, dropped the barrel today on a Cease slider for a HR to RF. He has hit several line drives in his brief time.  Its early, but I like what I have seen, so far. 
    • Saw the Orioles at Tampa last year, first time seeing them as the visitors. I was prepared to hate The Trop, but was pleasantly surprised. It was an afternoon game where the outside temp was 96 degrees with 90% humidity, but inside it was very comfortable. No worries about sunburn or heat related issues, or if there was rain on the horizon that might delay or cancel the game. Rays' fans and the ushers were supportive, friendly and talkative, even after they beat us in a walk off. During the game I had no problem with visibility or following the ball in flight. It looks dark on television, but I guess your eyes adjust because it all just seemed normal (like a night game, I suppose) once play started. We'll be going back to the Trop in August for a weekend series, and hopefully we can take 'em this time.  I've seen a handful of games at Comerica Park over the years, and pretty much hate the place. The seating (especially in the mezzanine and upper deck) is so far from the field you may as well be in the parking lot. Maybe it's the distances involved, or the backdrops, but when I've seen games there I always have a problem following the ball in flight. I see the pitch, hear the crack of the bat, and then the ball is invisible to me until a fielder gloves it. I wind up having to watch the fielders react so as to tell where the ball is going, and it's very frustrating. Never had that problem at any other major or minor league park.  One odd side not wrt Comerica Park -- last time we went there our driver (who is elderly and infirm) was able to park our SUV in a handicapped spot fifty feet from the stadium's front gate. As she turned off the engine a police officer stepped up to her window and ordered everybody to stay in the car. He and a colleague then walked around the vehicle while searching the undercarriage with mirrors on long poles. When they were finished they instructed all of us to exit, after which they searched the inside of the car. When they were done we were allowed to lock the car and enter the stadium. 
    • I'm not arguing for Stewart getting another chance, frankly I'd rather see Diaz before he gets hurt again. But I don't think you can make a case that he had "many opportunities...with everyday play.". He's had 622 plate appearances over five seasons.
    • Maybe Kjerstad gets a cup of coffee with Bowie this year, but getting time in Aberdeen, and then Arizona fall league would feel like a successful year. I can't really see the Orioles only making him do a months worth of at bats in Aberdee. That said Aberdeen plus AZL sets him up well to open next year in Bowie, and have an early promotion (if he does well)
    • I’m curious, why is it now or never for Vavra at age 25? You note that Stewart has been hitting well at Norfolk lately, and he is 28 years of age with no real defensive value. I will counter that McKenna hit even better than Stewart in AAA, and he can actually play an above average OF. I think Stewart’s numbers are more a function that it is an even bigger gap between AAA and MLB than in years past.  I hope Stewart goes elsewhere and has some kind of major league career. He has had many opportunities with the Orioles with everyday play. He just did not make it here. In my opinion, he’s a step back in every way. There is a reason that no other team took him off waivers. 
    • 1 out of 3 today with a double and a walk.  His double was roped pretty good.   Defense behind the plate seems to be great, too.  No passed balls, etc.
  • Popular Contributors