Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

36 minutes ago, interloper said:

What you think - final AAA start? 

That's interesting.   If he does well tonight they could promotion him.   I'm sure they would like to give him 5 days rest before his debut but that would be against the Yankees in Yankee Stadium.   If they give him 4 days  it would be the Rays AT Camden Yards for his debut.

If its Sunday at home.  Could be a big crowd.

• Upvote 2

With first and third, no one out, he strikes out two then induces a ground ball to short for the third out.  So impressive.

FB 97,98,99 with changeups at 83-84, slider or other offspeed 80-81 down and in, followed immediately by same pitch low and away.  It’s so fun to watch when he gets in a groove.  

Nine Ks so far after 4IP, season high.  Only 69 pitches, hoping he’s sent back out.  Tides leading 2-0. 

• Thanks 1

The first hitter who got on in the 3rd hit the first pitch he saw, a breaking ball that hung up in the zone, for a double down the left field line.

Glad he saw a mistake get hit, having to limit the damage from one bad pitch, while still here in AAA. 

They left him in, but his night is now over after 5 1/3, and 87 pitches. First batter reached on an error, second walked, third hit into a force-out popup (very weird), runners on first and second are his responsibility 

They left him in, Gutierrez made a throwing error, Grayson walked the next guy, and then they got a force play at 3B on a 7-1 play at the base.   He’s out after 87 pitches, a season high.  
(Oops, seak05 beat me to it.)

Baumann stranded the runners, so Grayson allowed no runs tonight.  

This is what will be interesting to see when he comes up and we have the Os AAAA team to surround him.  Two errors in the inning chase him from the game after once again only making it 5-1/3.  He had to make the out at third himself, which I found kinda funny. 

Just like Frobby noted last time, he lost his composure after the first error, walking the next batter.  And now yet another error has the bases loaded on a DP ball. 

Thankfully Baumann gets another DP ball to end this miserable inning without any runs scored, earned or otherwise.  

Only the first error was with Grayson in the game. Obviously though the fielding didn't help. That said, I can sort of understand the Orioles wanting him to get through 6 before calling him up, and he does seem to have struggled more in that inning.  It would be  nice if they let him get more towards 100 pitches.

His page updated with tonight's stats shows 598 pitches in the 8 turns - 75/game over last year's 69/game.

Another nightly K-BB% in the 30's...ho-hum.   

Meyer has a 10.00 ERA and 11/8 K/BB this month so no longer keeping up with him.   I am guessing International League tomorrow will look like his usual my K-BB% is as far ahead of the 2nd place guy as the 2nd place guy is ahead of 8th or 18th.

I'm a little surprised by the consecutive turns on 4 days rest, but hoping for another one Sunday.