Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

3 minutes ago, waroriole said:

That’s great. I guess he can still be on track to pitch at the end of the year. 

It'll be a data-driven process, but I feel confident Elias doesn't want his 2022 book closed at 11 starts.

The Baysox are going to get a heck of a ringer for some of the 2nd half, as he returns from injury at the lower competitive level Elias is so fond of.

11 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

It'll be a data-driven process, but I feel confident Elias doesn't want his 2022 book closed at 11 starts.

The Baysox are going to get a heck of a ringer for some of the 2nd half, as he returns from injury at the lower competitive level Elias is so fond of.

And if that just so happens to push his service clock back a year...

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And if that just so happens to push his service clock back a year...

We'll see by 162.    Whether it ends on 69, 74, 79 or 84 wins, I think the Club is going to get the MLB debut out of the way.    I believe in the final three series of the year there could be a chance to move some Blue Jays or Red Sox playoff odds towards or below zero.    It helped Means and I can see Elias not wanting the spring distraction if he is genuinely maximizing 2023 wins at the major-league level.    If ownership is bankrupt...

If the eventual sixth-best AL team is soft, even .475 teams with 12 games to go will have that Colorado Rockies 11-1 finish daydream.    If 84 wins is a berth, you only have to be 73-77 at 150.

The next thing after the Trade Deadline will be circling whatever day it is where 44 or fewer days of 2022 service don't spoil 2023 RoY opportunities.   

Just now, Just Regular said:

We'll see by 162.    Whether it ends on 69, 74, 79 or 84 wins, I think the Club is going to get the MLB debut out of the way.    I believe in the final three series of the year there could be a chance to move some Blue Jays or Red Sox playoff odds towards or below zero.    It helped Means and I can see Elias not wanting the spring distraction if he is genuinely maximizing 2023 wins at the major-league level.    If ownership is bankrupt...

If the eventual sixth-best AL team is soft, even .475 teams with 12 games to go will have that Colorado Rockies 11-1 finish daydream.    If 84 wins is a berth, you only have to be 73-77 at 150.

The next thing after the Trade Deadline will be circling whatever day it is where 44 or fewer days of 2022 service don't spoil 2023 RoY opportunities.   

Elias wasn't GM for Means' debut.

Monah had only 35 minor league innings but he also had 220 college innings so 255 innings after high school.  Rodriguez who was about to be called up to the majors was at 271.  Comparing high school pitchers to college pitchers should show huge difference in number of innings it takes to get to majors.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Monah had only 35 minor league innings but he also had 220 college innings so 255 innings after high school.  Rodriguez who was about to be called up to the majors was at 271.  Comparing high school pitchers to college pitchers should show huge difference in number of innings it takes to get to majors.

Jose Fernandez was a HS pitcher and he had about 140 innings.

• 4 weeks later...

Grayson Rodriguez updates (mlb.com)

Executive vice president and general manager Mike Elias said that Rodriguez is throwing up to 120 feet off flat ground, and that the prognosis is trending toward a return to a mound this season. That's likely to come in a Minor League setting, at least to start.

"He feels really good," Elias said. "I still do not have a timetable, but I would probably increase our desire to get him onto a game mound before the year is over than at the initial time that I made the announcement his injury happened. We're hoping for that."

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Grayson Rodriguez updates (mlb.com)

Executive vice president and general manager Mike Elias said that Rodriguez is throwing up to 120 feet off flat ground, and that the prognosis is trending toward a return to a mound this season. That's likely to come in a Minor League setting, at least to start.

"He feels really good," Elias said. "I still do not have a timetable, but I would probably increase our desire to get him onto a game mound before the year is over than at the initial time that I made the announcement his injury happened. We're hoping for that."

Sounds like a long shot to do anything but a handful of rehab starts.  Maybe a start or two in Norfolk.