Colton Cowser 2022

ShoelesJoe

2 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

You are very smart and enjoy your posts but just gotta strongly disagree here. Not missing on the first round is critically important and better odds for success in the first. That’s why Lacy & Lawlar should have been the picks, def Lawlar. I think we should give Cowser time, he looked good so not too concerned there, just for a rebuilding franchise, gotta go SS over corner OF.

If Rutschman turns into a very good player, that’s not missing, is it?

2 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

You are very smart and enjoy your posts but just gotta strongly disagree here. Not missing on the first round is critically important and better odds for success in the first. That’s why Lacy & Lawlar should have been the picks, def Lawlar. I think we should give Cowser time, he looked good so not too concerned there, just for a rebuilding franchise, gotta go SS over corner OF.

You keep bringing up Lacy and I keep asking you - have you checked his numbers in pro ball or seen him pitch?  I still like him a bit but it has been rocky.  I'm actually going to see him v. Jack Leiter in Frisco tomorrow night so I'll let you know what I see, but I think there is big reliever risk there. 

7 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

You keep bringing up Lacy and I keep asking you - have you checked his numbers in pro ball or seen him pitch?  I still like him a bit but it has been rocky.  I'm actually going to see him v. Jack Leiter in Frisco tomorrow night so I'll let you know what I see, but I think there is big reliever risk there. 

We need pitching. Pitching can be risky, but looked like a good pick for the lefty there.  

It's hard to believe that a guy who hit hit .347 and got on base at a .476 clip at Delmarva in 126 PA could struggle so much moving up from low A to high A.  The competition cannot be that much different from what he faced last year. 

I have to believe that either he's in the process of adjusting his swing or is just in a mental funk at the plate.  He's had half as many plate appearances in Aberdeen as he did in Delmarva up to this point, so I don't think it's time to panic yet.  If he's still looking this bad in another month then it could be time to worry.