John Rhodes 2022

waroriole

20 hours ago, btdart20 said:

They have 4 OFers they're working in (Cowser, Williams, Rhodes, Cook).  Plus, a good amount of competition for DH ABs as well.

There’s lots of competition for ABs in Aberdeen. We all know Bowie’s IF is crowded right now. Their OF has pretty decent options too. Watson went 20/20 last year and isn’t playing everyday there. 

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

There’s lots of competition for ABs in Aberdeen. We all know Bowie’s IF is crowded right now. Their OF has pretty decent options too. Watson went 20/20 last year and isn’t playing everyday there. 

Rhodes didn’t play yesterday either. 2 days in a row makes me think he’s injured. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a guy who deserves more attention than he's getting.

.289/.432/.505 at age 21 in A+ ball. Equal BB and K rates (14.4%) and a very reasonable BABIP. Way outperforming Cowser and Norby in Aberdeen.

I'm just scouting the stat line, but I'm very interested in Rhodes. Could he be a top 10 prospect in the org next year?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

.289/.432/.505 at age 21 in A+ ball. Equal BB and K rates (14.4%) and a very reasonable BABIP. Way outperforming Cowser and Norby in Aberdeen.

I'm just scouting the stat line, but I'm very interested in Rhodes. Could he be a top 10 prospect in the org next year?

If Rhodes is healthy, he’s right around #10. However, we have 6 picks in top 107 of the draft. It’s looking like only AR will lose his prospect status of our current list. 

2 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Outside of Rhodes, anyone from last year’s draft looking like a nugget?  The emphasis was on college hitters without mixing in top talent pitchers/high school players may sink this draft. On the fence on Norby and Cowser who are 22 and not really dominating A ball.

Strictly on performance, Rhodes and Carlos Tavera (5th round RHP) have been the best.   We keep waiting for Cowser and Norby to break out but it hasn't quite happened yet.   Don't forget the Reed Trimble is most likely out for the year or at least most of it.     Trendon Craig is not close to a nugget yet but the 250K 20th rounder is on the radar.    That draft hasn't had a Henderson/Stowers/Westburg type of player yet.   We hope Cowser or Norby become that guy but Rhodes might become that guy.   It would be nice to have two or three like that.

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Strictly on performance, Rhodes and Carlos Tavera (5th round RHP) have been the best.   We keep waiting for Cowser and Norby to break out but it hasn't quite happened yet.   Don't forget the Reed Trimble is most likely out for the year or at least most of it.     Trendon Craig is not close to a nugget yet but the 250K 20th rounder is on the radar.    That draft hasn't had a Henderson/Stowers/Westburg type of player yet.   We hope Cowser or Norby become that guy but Rhodes might become that guy.   It would be nice to have two or three like that.

Sounds like we got too cute playing the underslot game instead the BPA. Hard not to see this draft as a failure and likely Elias’s worst O’s draft.

6 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

He hasn’t been getting attention because he hasn’t played since late May.  He was off to a nice start and will get plenty of attention if he picks up where he left off.