Jordan Westburg 2022

Just Regular

13 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

Other way around would work as well, but I consider Westburg to be this team's future regular 2B. Get those reps going early.

Since joining Norfolk, Westburg's breakdown is SS (7), 2B (5), 3B (1). Gunnar's is SS (8), 3B (6). Seems like 3B is not the plan for Westburg, but SS may still be possible. Why not try him at SS and let Mateo platoon with Odor at 2B? 

19 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Since joining Norfolk, Westburg's breakdown is SS (7), 2B (5), 3B (1). Gunnar's is SS (8), 3B (6). Seems like 3B is not the plan for Westburg, but SS may still be possible. Why not try him at SS and let Mateo platoon with Odor at 2B? 

If Mateo is in the lineup, he should be the starting SS. You could platoon it so that westburg is at SS when odor starts, and 2b when Matteo starts. That is one advantage to the way the orioles developed westburg

34 minutes ago, seak05 said:

If Mateo is in the lineup, he should be the starting SS. You could platoon it so that westburg is at SS when odor starts, and 2b when Matteo starts. That is one advantage to the way the orioles developed westburg

Well I guess the bigger question is should Mateo be in the lineup?  The answer to that is looking continually more like "no" but maybe he can turn another corner.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Well I guess the bigger question is should Mateo be in the lineup?  The answer to that is looking continually more like "no" but maybe he can turn another corner.

If only Westburg comes up now, he should play 3B. That’s the biggest need. When Urias comes back, Westburg can play SS the majority of the time and rotate at other positions when Mateo plays. 

These guys are going to get more than 2.5 weeks in AAA.  Any idea that they’re getting called up now is a fantasy.  I do think that we could see either or both in 4-6 weeks.   Depends whether Elias wants them to get major league experience before heading into next year, or wants to hoard service time.  And, it depends how they do over the next month or so.  

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

These guys are going to get more than 2.5 weeks in AAA.  Any idea that they’re getting called up now is a fantasy.  I do think that we could see either or both in 4-6 weeks.   Depends whether Elias wants them to get major league experience before heading into next year, or wants to hoard service time.  And, it depends how they do over the next month or so.  

Agree, I would be shocked if either are called up before September, but I'm pretty positive they wouldn't be called up before the ASB.

Given how much of the marketing is based around prospect rankings and what have you, I would be very surprised if either were called up prior to July 19th, as that is the 44th day before September 1 and having fewer than 45 pre 9/1 days of service time keeps them from losing rookie (and therefore prospect) eligibility, assuming they are also able to accrue fewer than 130 plate appearances.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Given how much of the marketing is based around prospect rankings and what have you, I would be very surprised if either were called up prior to July 19th, as that is the 44th day before September 1 and having fewer than 45 pre 9/1 days of service time keeps them from losing rookie (and therefore prospect) eligibility, assuming they are also able to accrue fewer than 130 plate appearances.

I think that mid-July is a possiblity, but I doubt that's the reason.

23 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I don't think Elias give two hoots about marketing or fans or anything other than what he thinks is best for making this team a sustained winner. He will bring players up when he thinks they are ready and when it financially makes the most sense in the long run. Nothing else matters to him.