You get get an Upper Reserved seat for $16 for today on Stubhub

Going Underground

I don’t know how much you guys pay attention to the “popular” voices on Twitter for the Os but most of them are awful.  Credit to them for marketing themselves well or buying bots or whatever it is they are doing to get followers but people think they are knowledgeable and that they are good voices for the team.

There are a few accounts that are certainly worth following but OH should be one of the top ones.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t know how much you guys pay attention to the “popular” voices on Twitter for the Os but most of them are awful.  Credit to them for marketing themselves well or buying bots or whatever it is they are doing to get followers but people think they are knowledgeable and that they are good voices for the team.

There are a few accounts that are certainly worth following but OH should be one of the top ones.

Speaking of the bots, but I saw one guy who was just horrible had like 217 followers, but was getting like 85 likes on his terrible comment. That is exactly why I don't want much to do with Twitter. lol 

2 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Ok, I am calling it.  This is the bottom.  Definitely not as good a day as opening day for OPACY in 1992....which was also a 2-0 win.

Tony this sucks and I hope it is changed.

I hope ownership is changed and soon. Of course it would be Orioles fan luck to get rid of current ownership and replace it with something worse. But I'm willing to risk it at this point. 

39 minutes ago, fansince71 said:

Its kinda like the Redskins announcing sell-outs but the stadium is only ever half full.

And even then the crowd is taken over by the opposing team's fans. I know Washington has had home games where they had to use a silent snap count on offense because of the noise coming from opposition fans. 

A few totally non-baseball related notes from Opening Day:

• The Orioles have "in-game hosts" now, coming on in-between some innings to address the crowd.  I've never really liked this but that's just personal preference.  I do think the guy and gal that did it did a good job, aside from the fact that...
  • The audio was terrible.  Do they not run sound checks for this sort of thing?  You would think that on the biggest day of the year they would be fully prepared.  The girl in-game host could barely be heard and then at one point her mic wasn't working at all.  Again, nothing to do with baseball, just bad optics.  Not the hosts fault, I just don't know how they don't do audio checks.
  • There was a flyover for the national anthem, or at least I guess was supposed to be, except that it was about a full minute late, and Rob Long had already moved along with the ceremonies.  I always wondered how they timed that so perfectly, I guess sometimes they don't.

I realize I'm picking at nits with some of the above, all in all it seemed like an attempt was there to do things well but the execution was a little lacking.  Regardless it was a great and enthusiastic crowd.  Nice to be reminded of what the place can be.

18 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

A few totally non-baseball related notes from Opening Day:

• The Orioles have "in-game hosts" now, coming on in-between some innings to address the crowd.  I've never really liked this but that's just personal preference.  I do think the guy and gal that did it did a good job, aside from the fact that...
  • The audio was terrible.  Do they not run sound checks for this sort of thing?  You would think that on the biggest day of the year they would be fully prepared.  The girl in-game host could barely be heard and then at one point her mic wasn't working at all.  Again, nothing to do with baseball, just bad optics.  Not the hosts fault, I just don't know how they don't do audio checks.
  • There was a flyover for the national anthem, or at least I guess was supposed to be, except that it was about a full minute late, and Rob Long had already moved along with the ceremonies.  I always wondered how they timed that so perfectly, I guess sometimes they don't.

I realize I'm picking at nits with some of the above, all in all it seemed like an attempt was there to do things well but the execution was a little lacking.  Regardless it was a great and enthusiastic crowd.  Nice to be reminded of what the place can be.

Sounds like  total lack of execution and preparedness from the game day operations folks. Not surprising since most things in this organization is done bare bones and with a lack of execution. I can gaurantee the flyover people were on the timetable they were supposed to be. Sounds like whoever was in charge of that portion from the Orioles side was not on point.

All of this just seems like a general lack of respect for their fans. 

Since lack of respect for the fans seems to be a common theme here, I have a story to share.

I had a 13 game membership for the sunday games for a while, of course when there were no fans allowed in 2020 I was automatically credited for 2021 which was fine.  However, I moved from DE to Texas last March so it made no sense to continue having a membership.  I didn't ask for a refund or anything, rather I reached out to my season ticket rep and requested that I donate my tickets to a local charity.  After a little back and forth, they never ended up getting donated, the tickets were never used and I essentially just gifted the Orioles a couple grand.  I was willing to chalk it up to a disconnect in communication until they reached out to me this offseason asking if I'd like to renew my membership....

The in game hosts were terrible.  I hope that was just an OD thing.  I reminded me of when I have taken my kids to monster jam and that’s not a compliment.  It was very “Nickelodeon-esque”

Rob Long was also awful imo.  Jim Hunter did a much better job as the host.  Long always seems to be a guy that is forcing things.  Trying to be funny, etc…

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The in game hosts were terrible.  I hope that was just an OD thing.  I reminded me of when I have taken my kids to monster jam and that’s not a compliment.  It was very “Nickelodeon-esque”

Rob Long was also awful imo.  Jim Hunter did a much better job as the host.  Long always seems to be a guy that is forcing things.  Trying to be funny, etc…

I only heard a little bit of it after the game and the replay started, but I will say this, as much as Hunter was annoying homer during his radio and television broadcasts, he was a very good MC. Everything about that pregame ceremony seemed forced and amateurish. But I don't think it's about getting the best person for the job anymore with the Orioles. 

8 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

Since lack of respect for the fans seems to be a common theme here, I have a story to share.

I had a 13 game membership for the sunday games for a while, of course when there were no fans allowed in 2020 I was automatically credited for 2021 which was fine.  However, I moved from DE to Texas last March so it made no sense to continue having a membership.  I didn't ask for a refund or anything, rather I reached out to my season ticket rep and requested that I donate my tickets to a local charity.  After a little back and forth, they never ended up getting donated, the tickets were never used and I essentially just gifted the Orioles a couple grand.  I was willing to chalk it up to a disconnect in communication until they reached out to me this offseason asking if I'd like to renew my membership....

This seems on point. I'm not sure if I've heard a good thing about the ticket people. I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to the Orioles. 

They need an entire reimagining of how the organization communicates and treats the fans.