Tuesday, April 12 vs Brewers

SteveA

How's that whole "Let's bring in two hitting coaches who never played pro ball as hitting coaches" working out?

Owings was sure making some good swing decisions when he waved at a changeup, missing it by 18 inches.

No real left-handed bats on the bench, but we have 42 utility guys who can play a bunch of positions. Not well, beut they can stand there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

The players and media seem to like him.

I think that is his main job  criteria, don't lose the clubhouse.

That just doesn’t cut it at a major league level. The media likes him. And the players get sprinkles on their ice cream after they lose. 

2 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Btw, I don't want to see Watkins in an Oriole uniform.  Nothing against the guy personally, but he just can't make it at this level.

That's exactly why I was complaining about him in the very first pages of this thread. He simply cannot pitch. I saw enough of him last season. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Well let's remember, Hyde burned his only left-handed bat in the 6th inning for nothing because, well.. Hyde.

Hyde is not without blame for sure.  But I'm just amazed he can still put up with the dearth of talent on this team year after year.  I suppose the money helps, but how many beat downs can you take when Elias is symbolically giving you the middle finger? ... I'm mean.... I'm just absolutely disgusted with this franchise at this point.  I don't even know what to say at this point.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Tonight brings Hyde's career mark to 126 games under .500, moving him into a tie for 26th all-time.

20th place is about 10 more games under .500 away.

10th place is about 50 more games under .500 away.

Oh he’s going to take over the top 10 with ease. 

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Hyde is not without blame for sure.  But I'm just amazed he can still put up with the dearth of talent on this team year after year.  I suppose the money helps, but how many beat downs can you take when Elias is symbolically giving you the middle finger? ... I'm mean.... I'm just absolutely disgusted with this franchise at this point.  I don't even know what to say at this point.

What, you mean giving Odor, Owings, McKenna, Watkins and Fry isn't giving him a chance? lol 

• Haha 1