Raise your hand if you think Watkins was a better choice than Bradish?

Tony-OH

12 minutes ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

2022 - We start graduating guys to the show. 
2023 - You see what kinda team you have and where you need to improve. 
2024 - You were active in the off-season and are contending for the AL East. 

This is interesting.

So you want to bring up prized prospects like AR, G-Rod, Hall, etc...and have them playing with scrubs?  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is interesting.

So you want to bring up prized prospects like AR, G-Rod, Hall, etc...and have them playing with scrubs?  

And not only that but waste their years here.  

Of all the things on this site, the idea that people are content with wasting multiple years of high level prospects is astounding to me.

There may be nothing on this site that makes less sense than that concept.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Of all the things on this site, the idea that people are content with wasting multiple years of high level prospects is astounding to me.

That's why the seventh year is so important, they are planning on wasting the first two or three. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is interesting.

I know you weren't asking me moose. But my view is the cream rises to the top. The good ones will shove the bad ones to the side.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Yep, I don't want AR up here having to catch BP fastballs from Dean Kremer.  I would loved to have had a savvy vet like Kluber showing him the ropes.  

I mean, Tampa signed him for 1/8.  We couldn't have gone 1/10?  1/11?  2/18?  I'd have done any of those, almost strictly to have him working with AR.

26 minutes ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

If you aren’t making the playoffs then what’s the point? The point of playing is to win the WS not reach 81 wins. 

Why is it such a big deal that I agree with the plan for rebuilding the entire organization rather than sign a few has beens to help the team get to 81 wins. 

Some are satisfied with that. I want years of contending for a championship. This team had so many holes last year that even filling the roster with vets would have been a stretch to reach 81 games. 

Do you enjoy watching 100-110 losses a year, with most games being totally non-competitive? Many of us don't. I don't see how it at all slows down the rebuild to put a little effort into making the ML product at least a little entertaining. What damage does that do to the plan? A team that goes 70-92 while working in the first wave of prospects would be a much more enjoyable experience this year than Elias' evident intention to neglect giving the fans anything to watch once again. I don't consider not having any reason to turn on the tv for the last four years to be acceptable. It wasn't necessary for a successful rebuild. It was only necessary if the goal was to spend as little money as possible during the process.

• Like 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Yep, I don't want AR up here having to catch BP fastballs from Dean Kremer.  I would loved to have had a savvy vet like Kluber showing him the ropes.  

I mean, Tampa signed him for 1/8.  We couldn't have gone 1/10?  1/11?  2/18?  I'd have done any of those, almost strictly to have him working with AR.

I don't think you could get Kluber to agree to pitch in Norfolk.

50 minutes ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

That’s just it if you’re not in love with the process you don’t have to be.  But if there’s 32 not everyone is going to win 90 games. It’s called being realistic with yourself. That’s what Elias is and has said as much In his interviews about having to break it down and start building. Ownership has been frustrating for us fans for many years however we don’t get to control that. They did make the decision to hire someone who has a plan and is sticking to it. Short term pain = long term gain. Sure we want a perennial contender every year but with the way baseball is it’s not as easy as here sign this guy and let’s be good. I’m sure while they’re winning in the future you won’t think bad to these days when Elias is building a “pipeline of talent throughout the organization” and think damn I was Wrong his plan worked. Spending money doesn’t guarantee wins. Talent does. If you have talent you can spend to fill in the pieces around those core guys. 

This issue that's being brought up is we're in year four and Spenser Watkins is starting game five, Odor is the starting 2B against right-handers, and they have no good left-handed power stick on the roster despite having a short RF porch. 

I've been a supporter of how Elias was rebuilding but this year is making me concerned by the lack of step forward.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, OsEatAlEast said:

I know you weren't asking me moose. But my view is the cream rises to the top. The good ones will shove the bad ones to the side.

See SG's point about wasting their first two or three years.  

It's really simple...you either bring up the trio of AR, G-Rod and Hall to...

1.  A 55 win team

or

2.  A team that's at 75 wins and these three can help get them to 85+ wins

Which do you prefer?  If you tell me option 1, I don't believe you.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

See SG's point about wasting their first two or three years.  

It's really simple...you either bring up the trio of AR, G-Rod and Hall to...

1.  A 55 win team

or

2.  A team that's at 75 wins and these three can help get them to 85+ wins

Which do you prefer?  If you tell me option 1, I don't believe you.

I say neither as it isn't a given that down the road we have a better team. It might still be a 55 win team three years in the future.

Edited by OsEatAlEast

41 minutes ago, oriole said:

How can you possibly think that? Watkins last night? Odor? Trading BP arms when not necessary? He is definitely all in on tanking this year. 

Rays just called up 31 years old Dusten Knight best known for his back flip.   Rays must be tanking.