The LF wall tracker

OsEatAlEast

40 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

When Davis was really in his prime he would often look like he just kind of dropped the bat into the zone without any substantial effort, and the ball would end up 10 rows deep in the stands in left field.

Sure, there were plenty of those, but there were also these:

https://www.mlb.com/video/davis-40th-homer-c29360619

40 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Agreed. I’m enjoying the games more this year. I think it’s allowed the pitchers to feel more comfortable attacking hitters. 

Me too, so glad I don't have to watch lazy fly ball homeruns and a fence that a dachshund could jump over. 

2 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

There's another reason Stanton is one of the only guys who could hit a single there, which is that he's amazingly slow. 

Miguel Cabrera and Albert Pujols, who are 39 and 42, are the only non-catchers in the league slower than him this year. 

That's interesting. I don't how these are measured. I've Stanton play a fair amount. My impression is that he is a slow starter but has some speed in the outfield (not far below ML average), but he's real slow to first and on the bases because on offense he never, never, never runs real hard.

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I definitely missed a few of the homers our opponents lost.   How in the world do you lose a homer out there and it turns into a single? 

That’s because this is no longer a tracking thread if it ever was. May as well update the name to, “The LF wall complaint box”. 

22 hours ago, deward said:

If that works for you, then more power to you. I wouldn't personally enjoy watching that.

I think the changes bring more baseball to baseball.  I think I really like the new wall.

19 hours ago, deward said:

Gonna have to disagree on that a bit, peak Davis hit plenty of impressive, no doubt home runs. It was always satisfying to see him hit one so hard that the right-fielder never bothered to move.

I think in Davis, his power was more graceful.  Many of his homers had an almost majestic appeal.  Stanton is just violently destroying the baseball.

I wonder about the guys like Babe Ruth.  I remember the wall out in right center at Yankee stadium said 464. And Detroit stadium it said 440 out in dead center. How many more HR would he have hit in the newer short wall stadiums?