Peter Van Loon 2022

Frobby

I’m mostly starting this thread because I love the name.   Peter Van Loon was our 16th rounder last year.   He got into six games at Delmarva, pitching 13 innings and allowing 11 hits, no walks, 5 earned runs and struck out 16.   Not a bad debut, and he’s about our only draftee who didn’t get his feet wet in the FCL before going to Delmarva.

The O’s must have liked what they saw in Delmarva, because this year Van Loon is at Aberdeen.  He already picked up a win in his first appearance, throwing one clean inning.   

He’s the starter for Aberdeen tonight, which is what prompted me to check him out.   I’m really rooting for him to become a big time prospect, just so we can riff on the name.   

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Van Loon keeps getting people out. Today, 4 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 0 R, 7 K. 

On the season, 38 IP, 48 K, and a 2.84 ERA. Has anyone seen him pitch? I wonder what his stuff looks like. 

Found these...

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Why does Van Loon get no love?   He threw 5 IP allowing only one unearned run today, improving his record to a stellar 10-3 and lowering his ERA to 3.28.  1.29 WHIP, 9.8 K/9, 3.1 K/BB.  He’s been solid for Aberdeen in his first full season.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Why does Van Loon get no love?   He threw 5 IP allowing only one unearned run today, improving his record to a stellar 10-3 and lowering his ERA to 3.28.  1.29 WHIP, 9.8 K/9, 3.1 K/BB.  He’s been solid for Aberdeen in his first full season.

You're right, he has been solid this season. I've been following him and like what he's done. He's certainly taken advantage of having some really good hitting teammates on his side. Just hope he adjusts well to AA when he gets the chance.