After 6 games

Roll Tide

The RISP futility really is something to behold so far. I'm tired of saying "well, they're facing good pitching". We have a decent core of hitters - they need to start coming through in big spots. 

Fortunately, there's been a LOT of bad luck. And some poor execution, don't get me wrong. But a lot of bad luck. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, interloper said:

The RISP futility really is something to behold so far. I'm tired of saying "well, they're facing good pitching". We have a decent core of hitters - they need to start coming through in big spots. 

Fortunately, there's been a LOT of bad luck. And some poor execution, don't get me wrong. But a lot of bad luck. 

Even against good pitching hitting .100 with RISP is not acceptable. 

• Upvote 2

Completely subjective here, but these games have all been much more interesting so far than most of last year.

I start putting my kids to bed at 7 and usually don't get to tune in until a little after 8. For most games last year the game wouldn't even be worth watching at that point. So far this year, every game has been worth tuning in to.

I would rather be winning and these losses have stung (a testament to how close they've been). But at least we aren't embarrassing ourselves (YET).

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, celery said:

Completely subjective here, but these games have all been much more interesting so far than most of last year.

I start putting my kids to bed at 7 and usually don't get to tune in until a little after 8. For most games last year the game wouldn't even be worth watching at that point. So far this year, every game has been worth tuning in to.

I would rather be winning and these losses have stung (a testament to how close they've been). But at least we aren't embarrassing ourselves (YET).

Sure there is some truth to that but you could probably pick out several 6 game stretches last year where you could have said the same thing.

29 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Sure there is some truth to that but you could probably pick out several 6 game stretches last year where you could have said the same thing.

You're absolutely right but at least I haven't completely given up hope 6 games in. That's the scale I'm working with here... The bar is low. I know we're gonna be terrible but can we please just be exciting while we do it?

2 minutes ago, celery said:

You're absolutely right but at least I haven't completely given up hope 6 games in. That's the scale I'm working with here... The bar is low. I know we're gonna be terrible but can we please just be exciting while we do it?

Well hopefully they get Adley, Stowers, Bradish, GRod and Hall up here quickly..and maybe Westburg too.  That should ramp up the excitement.

• Upvote 1

Irony is now we face the Yankees. Irony is, they may have the worse pitching staff we have faced so far. But, we played them a well as any other AL East team last year. But, the hitting/plate discipline does look bad. Over the firat six games, I'm pleased with the pitching  -  the hitting not so much!

• Upvote 2