Dickie V is cancer-free

Frobby

Regardless of whether you like Dick Vitale’s announcing shtick, he seems like a wonderful human being and his energy is infectious.   So, I was really happy to see this story that he’s been declared cancer-free after going through many months of chemo.  Best wishes for him to stay healthy!

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/33741098/espn-college-basketball-analyst-dick-vitale-cancer-free-rings-bell-signify-end-chemotherapy-treatment

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I thought there'd be more activity on this forum after that ridiculous NC State run this week. Five wins in five days in the ACC Tournament, topping UNC in the final. I was at NC State in '83 when they went on a run in the conference tournament just to qualify for the NCAA Tourney. I don't forsee anything like what followed, but this week felt magically similar. 

"Don't EVER give up." - Jim Valvano. 

432425642_10161099626913637_473520979378

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NashLumber said:

I thought there'd be more activity on this forum after that ridiculous NC State run this week. Five wins in five days in the ACC Tournament, topping UNC in the final. I was at NC State in '83 when they went on a run in the conference tournament just to qualify for the NCAA Tourney. I don't forsee anything like what followed, but this week felt magically similar. 

"Don't EVER give up." - Jim Valvano. 

I'm a UNC alum/fan but had to appreciate that State run. The intensity and flow they played with last night was amazing after five games in five days. It's not often you see an underdog run like that to secure an automatic bid from the major conferences. 

• Like 1