The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? Did I miss some important news about Tex?:confused:

All I've seen is that Boston offered him a 6 year contract.

Nope...again, it's just a feeling, but I think that if he were going to sign here, it would be done already. If he truly wanted to be an Oriole, Boras, Angelos, MacPhail, and Tex would have gotten this done already.

Just a hunch...I have no insider knowledge.

Sounds to me that Tex is going to the Sox.

I never thought I could despise a team even more...

Just remember Belkast said we'd be hearing a bunch of negative things. Our offer was supposedly more than 200 million. That's 50+ million more than the Sux are offering.

It's gonna be awfully hard for Tex to turn that down to go to Boston.

A HUGE 6 yr offer, IF our sources are right Tex needs to decide between long term money or short term money.

A 6 year deal is worse IMO because it would put Tex out on the market as 35 year old, and I doubt he sees anything close to 20 million a season when he's at that point...

Nope...again, it's just a feeling, but I think that if he were going to sign here, it would be done already.
Boras wants you to think that. Boras wants every team to think that. He'll wait you out until you break and you start thinking like that, and you start worrying and offer more.

A 6 year deal is worse IMO because it would put Tex out on the market as 35 year old, and I doubt he sees more than 20 million a season when he's at that point...

Exactly, I think he's looking for more years and total money rather than the most money per season.

I just don't see Tex turning down a 10/200+ deal from his hometown team.

Originally Posted by Belkast

I told you guys I would not make the official announcement.

I will say the "wow offer" has already been put on the table!!

This should get the ball rolling (from yesterday)

:scratchchinhmm:

Define "wow".

;)

Archived