The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

This win now stuff in Boston stuff is being completely overblown. Signing Tex and two above average starters puts us right in the hunt for the AL East. These guys aren't supermen. Our outfield is just as good. Respectable seasons from mora and Huff and our infield is just as good. Our bullpen is close. With Guts, two upper class FA pitchers, and a step up from one of 7 candidates and our rotation is close. He's not coming here to lose. We are not the Nats!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is just not true or fair.

Roch has stated on multiple occasions that he isnt being controlled. Also, his first few blogs on MASN were some of the most critical blogs he has ever written and his work has remained at a high quality since moving to MASN. Besides, I doubt Roch would have made the move to MASN, especially as quickly as he did after being laid off by Tribune), if he was going to be censored.

Is that you Roch????

Roch needed a job to pay the bills & likes the area & wanted to stay here. What other options did he have. To say its not possible which is what your implying is really shortsighted.

Is that you Roch????

Roch needed a job to pay the bills & likes the area & wanted to stay here. What other options did he have. To say its not possible which is what your implying is really shortsighted.

He's still a person, and a journalist, and has stated a million times he is not a patsy for the Orioles.

So apparently Tex was in a suite...a masn suite..Biscottis suite...I think something is up. I think it would be alot different if he was just there in the stands and hiding. But if he is hanging out with local celebs in a suite, its pretty interesting.

For my own clarification, I've seen references to the 'MASN' suite and the 'owners' suite (Biscotti) - wouldn't these be two separate suites, or would they be one in the same? I was figuring they are two different suites, so it would make sense if Teixeira was in the 'MASN' suite, he could have been a guest of Angelos (whether Angelos was present or not) and it would make sense that any TV coverage of the owners suite would not have shown Tex. Or, if it is two separate suites, maybe he was on the move between them....

Is that you Roch????

And to say what you are saying is incredibly insulting and ignorant. to assume that he is on the take is ridiculous. He is reporting what he is hearing, that is it.

For all we know, Tex could be Boston bound, as everyone is telling us he is. But, it sure does appear to me that there is some kind of cover-up going on. Why is Roch, Schmuck, Cunningham, etc. so quick to jump on this with out and out denials that Tex was in the stadium. To Roch's credit, he did say whether Tex was there or not, so what? Which is true to an extent. Tex being at the game doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. But I just don't understand how some people (Viv and Bulldog, Hank's sources) saw Tex there, while others (Roch, Cunningham) swear he was not. I just don't get it. What's the big secret?

Anyway, back to Tex...anyone think he can get lefties out in a late inning situation?

For my own clarification, I've seen references to the 'MASN' suite and the 'owners' suite (Biscotti) - wouldn't these be two separate suites, or would they be one in the same? I was figuring they are two different suites, so it would make sense if Teixeira was in the 'MASN' suite, he could have been a guest of Angelos (whether Angelos was present or not) and it would make sense that any TV coverage of the owners suite would not have shown Tex. Or, if it is two separate suites, maybe he was on the move between them....

There are two separate suites, most definitely.

Not to be disrespectful as that's not my intention but this horse is dead, we've whipped the flesh off its bones and there really isn't anything to read into any permutation of the stadium, the suites, Tex, PGA and limo drivers. I'm happy to wait for an outcome but this monomania about the Ravens game is the death of a thousand cuts.

In a vacuum, Boras would probably wait until the morning of opening day for Teixeira to sign in order to squeeze out every last penny.

However, Tex expressed that he would like to know where he'll be playing by Christmas, and somewhere lurks a point in time at which teams have to move onto other options lest they lose the Tex derby and get caught with their pants down.

Boras knows all this very well, and I'm quite sure MacPhail & Angelos do too. Tex is the biggest fish left, and all the other free agent dominos are waiting to fall.

Look for this to wrap up within the next week tops, with the Orioles emerging on top if Belkast is right. I think he is, and the fact is that he warned us to be prepared for all these Chicken Little/Sky Is Falling rumors and reports.

I think they are one and the same.

it wouldn't surprise me if many of those suites were sponsored by MASN in some way shape or form, seeing as how almost everything in the NFL is sponsored by someone.

I'll never see them, the only time I get to go to M+T is for Poly/ City (GO POLY!)

Raven-gate, is stupid. Lets just all chill and wait to see if we get anymore info on the actual negotiations. Where Tex was last night has no impact on that.

I don't know what the big secret is. But remember, Angelos took LOTS of offense when Adam Jones started talking about the deal being done before it actually was done last year. So maybe Angelos sent word out to his underlings to deny, deny, deny that Tex was a guest of his at the Ravens game yesterday.

I was just thinking about this as well. I remember the Hangout had worked itself into quite the frenzy over that situation.

Archived