Potential 1st over pick info: Druw Jones - HS

I hope the draft makes the Orioles better.  I like Jones and would be happy if he were selected today, but I haven't seen him play.  He is certainly not the clear consensus #1 that Adley was and if you go back and look at the 2019 draft, it was loaded with top end talent.

The 2019 Draft had Bobby Whit Jr., Andrew Vaughn and CJ Abrams in the top 6.  All of whom are already in the show.  And of course last year as the season wore down we were in the Elijah Green Sweepstakes for #1.  He is listed today at #5 by MLB's mock draft.  Honestly I dont care who...just want em to pan out.  

Jones has tremendous upside.  But so do others.  It's open to discussion....and time.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Rumors are going to be what they are because of his history but his history doesn’t mean he does the same thing for this draft. 

Hope he doesn’t, that’s for sure.

Yeah, “rumors persist” is pretty worthless commentary.   One thing we know about Elias, he doesn’t tip his hand.   Any “rumors” are just speculation based on his last two picks, not any real information about how the O’s are leaning.   

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, “rumors persist” is pretty worthless commentary.   One thing we know about Elias, he doesn’t tip his hand.   Any “rumors” are just speculation based on his last two picks, not any real information about how the O’s are leaning.   

Doesn’t tip his hand? Last 2 drafts he refused to take the bpa, why would it be different? Adley was right after he started and strong consensus #1.  

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, foxfield said:

I hope the draft makes the Orioles better.  I like Jones and would be happy if he were selected today, but I haven't seen him play.  He is certainly not the clear consensus #1 that Adley was and if you go back and look at the 2019 draft, it was loaded with top end talent.

The 2019 Draft had Bobby Whit Jr., Andrew Vaughn and CJ Abrams in the top 6.  All of whom are already in the show.  And of course last year as the season wore down we were in the Elijah Green Sweepstakes for #1.  He is listed today at #5 by MLB's mock draft.  Honestly I dont care who...just want em to pan out.  

Jones has tremendous upside.  But so do others.  It's open to discussion....and time.

Jones is every bit the clear #1, as of right now, that Adley was.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Jones is every bit the clear #1, as of right now, that Adley was.  

That is fine, I see it as he is still emerging into the consensus #1, but that is wordsmithing.  Adley felt more like the #1 guy for a much longer time.  That is all I really meant.

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

That is fine, I see it as he is still emerging into the consensus #1, but that is wordsmithing.  Adley felt more like the #1 guy for a much longer time.  That is all I really meant.

I don't think that's true.  A lot of people had Witt Jr at #1 and the year before, it seemed to be more for Witt than Adley.

On 4/28/2022 at 10:08 AM, Sports Guy said:

I don't think that's true.  A lot of people had Witt Jr at #1 and the year before, it seemed to be more for Witt than Adley.

I honestly don't remember but it doesn't feel like Jones has become the clear #1 until recently, meaning within the last 4-5 weeks.   I'd see most of his rising to #1 has to do with him putting up pretty impressive offensive numbers during his HS season.   I still see comments about his swing needing work even though he makes consistent hard contact.    So, I still see slight concerns about his bat.   Of course, no player is a sure thing.   T