Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

59 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Gunnar watch...Hes up next.

He's playing 3B tonight But ihave no idea if the rotation is still in play. We should maybe get a clearer picture of that in Norfolk but then  mayb the O's are fine playing Gunnar at two different positions in the pros. 

Elias was asked about this on the MLB broadcast last night. He said they view both Gunnar and Jordan as SS and they'll both continue to play there. However as they don't know about the MLB roster makeup when they arrive, they want them to have positional flexibility...and that MLB is constantly shifting now anyways, so positions matter less.

That said, he views Gunnar as a left side of the field player SS/3B, while Jordan they see as more 2b/SS/3B

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

That ought to help his splits against LHP.  Didn't look like he was looking for a walk either.  Haha

Is that some kind of snide comment towards what I said he was doing in Bowie. Please remember, just because a guy hits a home run does not change what he WAS doing at a previous level. I realize it usually only takes one good game or even one at bat to make you break out your orange and black pom poms, but try not makeking dumb comments towards stuff I've said before because you just make yourself look foolish.

How about you just enjoy the kid's run instead of trying to make snide remarks that have no bearing on what happened.

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Is that some kind of snide comment towards what I said he was doing in Bowie. Please remember, just because a guy hits a home run does not change what he WAS doing at a previous level. I realize it usually only takes one good game or even one at bat to make you break out your orange and black pom poms, but try not makeking dumb comments towards stuff I've said before because you just make yourself look foolish.

How about you just enjoy the kid's run instead of trying to make snide remarks that have no bearing on what happened.

Where's your sense of humor, Tony?  He had like a .198 OPS against LHP's this year and you did say it looked like he was not looking to do damage against them.  It's only 1 AB, but he certainly did some damage on that pitch.  

5 hours ago, seak05 said:

Really tough opening night for Gunnar. Interested to see how he does against Small who is both very very good, and left handed

(and much older then Gunnar)

That interested me as well.  Small is a terrific prospect who has dominated everywhere in the minors and was a former #1 pick of the Brewers.