Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

1 minute ago, Low Country Bird said:

Exactly.  Can you imagine if he had a strong month helping us to a WC but wasn't eligible for the postseason?  Elias would have been lambasted for it.  

And it would have made zero sense with Nevin still on the roster.

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

So they promoted him in time to be part of the playoff roster just in case.

I was told by a few people on twitter and on here, that he'd be eligible even after Sept. 1 because of something to do with Means and Ellis on the 60-day IL, etc. I guess that's not accurate after all? 

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That made more sense when Nevin was the backup and Urias would have to move to second base. I think the Orioles are satisficed Henderson can turn the DP effectively at 2B and will play him there.

In the last two weeks, Henderson has played 3B only once, 2B six times, 1B three times and SS three times so it doesn't appear the plan is to play him on the left side much. I could see him playing 2B and 1B down the stretch especially if Mountcastle doesn't pick it up.

Personally I don't like the idea of him playing First or Second. He came in as a SS and could play third. First and Second are footwork positions. SS and Third are reaction positions. This obsession with position movement boggles my mind.