Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

Given the few games that Henderson has played at 2B, I'm not at all surprised that he isn't there in his first ML game.  He's played plenty at 3B this year.  I would let him settle in there and worry about lineup flexibility in spring training next year.   Personally, I'd have had Urias at 2B, Santander at DH, and Stowers in the OF.  But, who am I to judge?

• Upvote 1

I would have had Gunnar bat ahead of Mountcastle and Matio ahead of Odor simply because if Mountcastle or Odor get on base ahead, they will take away the speed factor of Gunnar and Mateo. 
Probably don’t have to worry, but just in case. 

Edited by sevastras

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I like that. I understand the concept of having players move around, but it never seems to work. Especially when it is a potential superstar type player. Urias is quite capable of playing 2B and relegating Odor to a bench spot on most nights. 

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gunnar at third, Mateo at SS, Urias at 2nd and don't f'ing touch it.  

Right? It doesn’t seem like rocket science but somehow Hyde puts out a less than ideal lineup almost every night. 

I feel bad saying this but the Henderson move seems like too little, too late at this point in the season. It’s been a great ride and overall, it should go without saying, it has been a wildly successful season…but unless they absolutely catch fire, it’s looking highly unlikely they can make up even three games. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, oriole said:

Right? It doesn’t seem like rocket science but somehow Hyde puts out a less than ideal lineup almost every night. 

I feel bad saying this but the Henderson move seems like too little, too late at this point in the season. It’s been a great ride and overall, it should go without saying, it has been a wildly successful season…but unless they absolutely catch fire, it’s looking highly unlikely they can make up even three games. 

Nah, it's not over yet.  I mean, I agree that Gunnar should have been up last week but bigger gaps have been closed down in an equal or lesser amount of time.  Respectively, there's a lot of baseball left to be played. 

Now...I'm fully prepared for this team to still finish above .500 and not make the playoffs.  Even then, I'm still thrilled with this season.  Even if they don't finish above .500, this season has still been awesome.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, oriole said:

They’ve played well against TOR and have several games left against them. It ain’t over yet. 

This board gets so pessimistic after a couple losses!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Nah, it's not over yet.  I mean, I agree that Gunnar should have been up last week but bigger gaps have been closed down in an equal or lesser amount of time.  Respectively, there's a lot of baseball left to be played. 

Now...I'm fully prepared for this team to still finish above .500 and not make the playoffs.  Even then, I'm still thrilled with this season.  Even if they don't finish above .500, this season has still been awesome.

100% no matter what happens the rest of the year, it’s been an amazing season. All the teams in the wild card hunt right now just seem to be playing pretty decent right now and we’re still over here throwing Odor out there every night. I know I sounded pessimistic, but really I’m not. A late addition of Rodriguez or Wells could be big and Henderson will presumably be a positive. But all the other teams look pretty damn good right now so it’s hard not to feel like an uphill battle feels insurmountable at times 

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

They’ve played well against TOR and have several games left against them. It ain’t over yet. 

This board gets so pessimistic after a couple losses!

I’m generally a pessimist in every faucet of life so don’t let my words speak for the whole board lol