Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep.  But he’s also really fair and very knowledgeable.  He’s not like Olney, who just spouts off dumb sh!t for clicks.

He’s easily one of the best baseball mesia guys out there imo.

Buster Olney is too busy at the moment trying to come up with a reason why Gunnar Henderson shouldn't wear the O's #2 uniform and why it offends him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

Props to the Cleveland fan for chanting overrated as he smokes a single for his second hit in his big league debut. 

Really a low life kind of move given it's Gunnar's big league debut, he isn't arrogant, and this isn't really a rivalry game.  Glad Gunnar made him pay.

Edited by O's84
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Buster Olney is still as salty as the Dead Sea about the Orioles.

Olney doesn't usually bother me, but I got into an exchange on twitter with him the other day. He was pretty thoughtless. Orioles bad, bad, bad. Owners bad, bad, bad. He refused to acknowledge the space between a rock and hard place that small and even medium-size market teams slip into with the current rules and economic structure. I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised...I basically never engage anyone on twitter, but people like Olney spend hours a day in pointless twitter gotchas. I should have tweeted "yo momma" and not wasted the bytes trying to engage in a discussion. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Olney doesn't usually bother me, but I got into an exchange on twitter with him the other day. He was pretty thoughtless. Orioles bad, bad, bad. Owners bad, bad, bad. He refused to acknowledge the space between a rock and hard place that small and even medium-size market teams slip into with the current rules and economic structure. I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised...I basically never engage anyone on twitter, but people like Olney spend hours a day in pointless twitter gotchas. I should have tweeted "yo momma" and not wasted the bytes trying to engage in a discussion. 

I think I saw that exchange.  Basically, he wasn't going to admit to being wrong about what the Orioles have done to have a season like this.  He keeps banging the anti-tanking drum and won't let up.

I get where he's coming from, it does suck to a certain extent.  But what I hate even more is a team trying to spend money in free agency in order to appear like they're trying to win and failing miserably.  That's not a long-term plan for success.  I think I replied to Olney in that exchange that I remember the Raffy 2.0, Tejada and Javy Lopez Orioles and how miserable that was, too, and of course he didn't reply.  I mean, if I were a Rangers fan this year I'd be IRATE.  They've got a decent system but what are they going to do when Leiter, Rocker, Winn, etc get called up and they've got half a billion tied up in two players?  

Anyway, Olney has been dragged on twitter by Orioles fans for most of the summer and it's fantastic.  I hope they don't let up.

• Upvote 2