Wednesday Early Evening Game in Oakland

Yardball85

I live in the Bay Area and went to today’s game with my 4year old son (his first game!). Was a pain to get out of work, traffic was horrible, but we made it in the 3rd. First time at the Coliseum. Holy crap are we lucky with Camden Yards. Lopez looked great. Not much going with the bats. Enjoyed seeing McKenna.  We sat next to the O’s dugout, quite a few O’s fans there. After the game Ryan Mountcastle was great, stopped and said hi  to my son and signed a ball for him. Asked Mullins and Mancini and both declined. Players owe me nothing but I have to say it was this crazy effort to get there, my sons first game, watching him ask each of them and them declining was sad. I don’t know if it’s that they just didn’t want to and again, they owe me nothing, but I was thinking if this is because they have some memorabilia deal and don’t sign because of a check, that it’s kind of sad to not stop for kids. But hey, Ryan Mountcastle has one more fan tonight. My son can’t stop talking about him. And no hard feelings to the other players called out and I have bo idea it it’s about money. Maybe they just didn’t want to and that’s ok. But still. Thanks for reading. Go O’s

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, CaltoBilltoMill said:

I live in the Bay Area and went to today’s game with my 4year old son (his first game!). Was a pain to get out of work, traffic was horrible, but we made it in the 3rd. First time at the Coliseum. Holy crap are we lucky with Camden Yards. Lopez looked great. Not much going with the bats. Enjoyed seeing McKenna.  We sat next to the O’s dugout, quite a few O’s fans there. After the game Ryan Mountcastle was great, stopped and said hi  to my son and signed a ball for him. Asked Mullins and Mancini and both declined. Players owe me nothing but I have to say it was this crazy effort to get there, my sons first game, watching him ask each of them and them declining was sad. I don’t know if it’s that they just didn’t want to and again, they owe me nothing, but I was thinking if this is because they have some memorabilia deal and don’t sign because of a check, that it’s kind of sad to not stop for kids. But hey, Ryan Mountcastle has one more fan tonight. My son can’t stop talking about him. And no hard feelings to the other players called out and I have bo idea it it’s about money. Maybe they just didn’t want to and that’s ok. But still. Thanks for reading. Go O’s

That's sad to hear that Mullins and Mancini wouldn't sign.  Personally, I would rather have a picture w/ a player, I'm not much for collecting autographs.  Regardless, it doesn't look good for them that they didn't want to sign.  I can't imagine Mullins/Mancini autographs are worth much unless on game used items. 

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

That's sad to hear that Mullins and Mancini wouldn't sign.  Personally, I would rather have a picture w/ a player, I'm not much for collecting autographs.  Regardless, it doesn't look good for them that they didn't want to sign.  I can't imagine Mullins/Mancini autographs are worth much unless on game used items. 

Agree about the value of autographs and for me, no personal interest. The acknowledgment to a kid of a photo, autograph, or quick hello goes a long way and he had a great day so he quickly moved on. thanks for the reply and go Mountcastle!