Thursday afternoon 4/21: Orioles go for series split in Oakland

SteveA

57 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

The call at 1B was totally unjustifiable, but I did notice that the 1B coach was noticeably pointing at the bag as if to suggest to Trey to run back there. I wouldn’t be surprised if that gave both the A’s C the idea to tag, and the umpire the idea to call him out, because everything Trey did seemed completely standard. 

I've been busy at work, haven't even had a chance to look at the game summary until now.

What happened exactly?

3 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Doesn't look like "shorten up your swing" is in Mateo's vocabulary.  We needed a single and he spent that whole at bat looking like he was trying to hit the baseball to Jupiter.

This team needs a middle infielder to step up because of the lack of ML ready talent... unfortunately, he doesn't look like that guy.

The archaic ability of field umpires arbitrarily ejecting players and managers of their own accord without review needs to go. 

Umpires should be micd at all times so that any verbal interactions are heard and then just like with replays, an objective off site reviewer can decide if ejection or other sanctions rather than ejection are warranted