MLB Network

Orioles West

Is there going to be an HD channel (586). The NHL network is amazing. Hope the MLB network is just as good. They would probably to be able to put a game on a night.

It's definitely in HD as well. Cablevision has both channels (regular and HD) up here in NY.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just keep him away from the young interns..... :eek:

I just can't get excited about the MLB channel. I don't need another sports channel glorifying the Red Sox and the Yankees which is exactly what this channel will do.

He has a young asian hottie with him right now.

she is far from hot or cute.. as an Asian I have to say you Americans think weird-looking asian girls are cute.

I'd be interested in seeing what Asians think is cute, then. It seems to me that Asian standards of feminine pulchritude aren't that far from occidental standards, judging by what I observe when I do a Google image search on Japanese actress. I spent 17 months in Korea back in the eighties, and the girls I saw in billboard ads all looked fairly attractive to me.

Even though it hasn't started, I've been watching the round the clock infomercial on it that's been running on the soon to be channel. I am stoked. It sounds like they have some good ideas with it.

Hopefully they'll do more than the traditional look at the game. A series that focuses on Sabermetric issues would be something that would interest me.

I've already set up my DVR to tape the Don Larsen no hitter they're going to be showing.

They still haven't set it up on Direct TV yet, and I understand the Dish Network hasn't picked it up at all here in Colorado.

This is kind of fun. My favorite sport finally gets a channel.

If it hits a nice reporting stride, like the NFL Network (tonight, I thought they covered the Bronco coaching change better than ESPN), it could be a lot of fun.

-Don

They still haven't set it up on Direct TV yet, and I understand the Dish Network hasn't picked it up at all here in Colorado.

I read that on DirecTV it will be #213 and that it has been there on occasion.

Dish Network won't have it. They balked at putting it on their basic tier, and therefore they don't get to carry MLB-EI.

Even though it hasn't started, I've been watching the round the clock infomercial on it that's been running on the soon to be channel. I am stoked. It sounds like they have some good ideas with it.

Hopefully they'll do more than the traditional look at the game. A series that focuses on Sabermetric issues would be something that would interest me.

I've already set up my DVR to tape the Don Larsen no hitter they're going to be showing.

Yeah, that would be great. Plus have some big time stats guys mixed in with the former players and announcers on the studio shows.

The other thing that I would like to see is more focus on prospects and the draft.

So basically if they could partner up with BP or Fangraphs or THT along with BA, that would be great.

Their web site has the complete January schedule. A daily Hot Stove show. Obviously you are going to have a lot of filler schedule on a baseball channel in January, but I'm afraid there already is a high Bos/NYY content in the filler stuff. A 5 part series onthe history of the Boston franchise. World Series highlights that they will show also seem to be somewhat Boston-heavy. Other filler includes Cathedrals of the Game, there is a Camden Yards episode which airs late in the month. Only significant new programming besides the recently unearthed Larsen PG telecast, is the live announcement of the HOF electees, and a live announcement on the 19th of the WBC rosters. A show that ranks the top 9 in various categories all time looks to air about once a week.

They say they will NOT broadcast any spring training games (why not?). No word on the Carribean World Series. Several on here have mentioned a Sabrmetric type show....all it would take would be a couple of geeks, a camera, and a half hour per week....seems like it would have a built in audience. But no mention of it yet. During the season it looks like they will spend every evening with basically a baseball tonight type show that runs all evening with live look-ins at various games.

They will do a 30 team in 30 day spring training preview, that's certainly good (although the preview for a team on March 1 is a lot different than the team that is getting previewed on March 31).

It's still early to judge with just the January schedule up and some vague announcements about future coverage....but the fear of hugely disproportionate Boston/NYY coverage is still present, and they aren't yet doing some of the intresting things one would like to see (Sabrmetric show, some spring training games). A lot will be determined by the quality of their studio show. Certainly it won't take the greatest show in history to tear a lot of people away from the Boston/New York lovefest that BBTN has become.

I read that on DirecTV it will be #213 and that it has been there on occasion.

I've tried to enter channel 213 and my DirecTV receiver won't accept it. I've not been very happy with DirecTV's service and plan to switch to Comcast just as soon as my contract is up in February. Has anyone been using their "Tripleplay" package? How does the VOIP work?

fyi got my annual Comcast terms of service/channel lineup as required by local franchise law. MLB Network is on digital basic, which means you need a digital converter but it is not part of the $5 sportspack where NBA/NHL/NFL/Big Ten as well as Fox Soccer and others are housed.

Archived