Rylan Bannon 2022

Frobby

Rylan Bannon is a guy I’d just about given up for dead after his .177/.297/.370 slash line last year.   Almost all his production (10 of his 16 homers) came in one ten game hot spell; otherwise he was awful all year.   

He’s come back in 2022 like a different guy.   So far, in 14 games he’s hit .353/.441/.510.    

I don’t think you can draw too much for 14 games.   It could just be a hot streak like he had last year (less homer-driven though).   But, it’s encouraging to see that he’s off to a good start and put himself back on the prospect radar.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Bannon made his 3rd error at 3B in 10 games this year.  He is not ready for a promotion.  Too many errors at 3B and not enough range at 2B IMO.

I don't put much stock into things like 3 errors in 10 games but I suspect his 3B defense is a average at best and probably below.  I doubt his offense is good enough at the ML level but it goes under the heading "We have nothing to lose by giving him a look".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...