Adley, Hall to Aberdeen

Legend_Of_Joey

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If he is down there for multiple more weeks, I think they tells you that they do care about service time in that they are trying to make it harder for him to place high in ROY by giving him less playing time.

Julio Rodriguez is heating up, Joe Ryan (who we will see tomorrow) is 5th in the league in pitching WAR...Top 2 favorites are starting to emerge a bit.    Those guys teams will have playoff chases to weigh in addition to tricep maintenance.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I thought he would be in Baltimore around the beginning of May.  There isn’t much reason for him to still be in the minors.

If he is down there for multiple more weeks, I think they tells you that they do care about service time in that they are trying to make it harder for him to place high in ROY by giving him less playing time.

They are treating him like some fragile high school player.  It’s really over the top.

For reasons I’ve explained, I don’t think Super Two can be cited as a reason for delay unless this drags into late May or June.   Here’s a list of all Super Two cutoff dates since 2009, which I’ve translated into a debut date this year that would be needed to avoid Super Two if the same cutoff applied:

2021: 2.116 June 13

2020: 2.125 June 4

2019: 2.115 June 14

2018: 2.134 May 26

2017: 2.123 June 6

2016: 2.131 May 29

2015: 2.130 May 30

2014: 2.133 May 27

2013: 2.122 June 7

2012: 2.140 May 20

2011: 2.146 May 14

2010: 2.122 June 7 

2009: 2.139 May 21

As you can see, it’s been a decade since the cutoff date was any earlier than May 26, and the cutoff has been in June 4 of the last 5 years.   

Also, note that the CBA was changed in 2012 to allow more players to become Super Twos.   It used to be 17% of the players between 2 and 3 years of service; now it’s 22%. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

For reasons I’ve explained, I don’t think Super Two can be cited as a reason for delay unless this drags into late May or June.   Here’s a list of all Super Two cutoff dates since 2009, which I’ve translated into a debut date this year that would be needed to avoid Super Two if the same cutoff applied:

2021: 2.116 June 13

2020: 2.125 June 4

2019: 2.115 June 14

2018: 2.134 May 26

2017: 2.123 June 6

2016: 2.131 May 29

2015: 2.130 May 30

2014: 2.133 May 27

2013: 2.122 June 7

2012: 2.140 May 20

2011: 2.146 May 14

2010: 2.122 June 7 

2009: 2.139 May 21

As you can see, it’s been a decade since the cutoff date was any earlier than May 26, and the cutoff has been in June 4 of the last 5 years.   

I didn’t say anything about super 2 though.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What impact do you think the new CBA might have in moving the date up in the future?

We certainly saw more higher end prospects start the season with their big league clubs this season.

I do think it should have the effect of moving the cutoff date up a little.   It’s difficult to tell how much.   

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've been mentioning it as something to keep an eye on, depending on when he does eventually make his debut.

And I would agree with you.   If Rutschman stays healthy and productive and doesn’t debut by the May 16-22 homestand, I would start to wonder.   

Elias has been vague and noncommital at times while erring on the side of moving players slowly, whether due to money or development. However, he hasn't flat out lied yet. He said he was considering Rutschman was under consideration for opening day and only obstacle is timing. I would be shocked if this goes into June. I'm going to guess Mother's Day with a big crowd and beautiful weather. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Elias has been vague and noncommital at times while erring on the side of moving players slowly, whether due to money or development. However, he hasn't flat out lied yet. He said he was considering Rutschman was under consideration for opening day and only obstacle is timing. I would be shocked if this goes into June. I'm going to guess Mother's Day with a big crowd and beautiful weather. 

That is this Sunday.  Highly unlikely but I do agree that he should debut this weekend.  No reason not to.  

It’s so over the top.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He also said that Grayson had a chance to make the team out of Spring Training.

Do you think that was a true statement?